Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

theboatwhofloats t1_iswj4g1 wrote

Did you paint this on mushrooms

Treesexist_ t1_iswk7ql wrote

It does elicit that dynamic feel. I bet if I were tripping it would appear to actually move while retaining its original imagery. Like a van Gogh painting.

solstice_gilder t1_iswtkwr wrote

Haha but really!! I was on a trip this weekend and this is exactly how some people looked to me :))

jackhendsbee OP t1_isym7dl wrote

Not on mush, but have definitely been inspired by them

-_-theVoid-_- t1_iswvejx wrote

I love the hyper-real eyes counterpointing the swirling face.

reyrain t1_isxe4ik wrote

I second this, the eyes look incredible

NutriGrandma t1_isybeh4 wrote

Quick question. What makes the eyes “hyper-real” instead of just realistic?

-_-theVoid-_- t1_isydure wrote

For me, the contrast between the eyes and the rest almost magnifies the reality in those eyes. Almost feels like an optical illusion.

thewildlifer t1_iswmtd1 wrote

WOW! this is exquisite! I absolutely love your style, I have never seen anything like this

mariella_art t1_iswgoha wrote

love the distorted look!! really nice

Seraph_31 t1_isy8evs wrote

Are you Iain De Caestecker from Agents of SHIELD?

timmydikko t1_isyg52z wrote

I really like this. It's a great pattern, reminds me in a way of the swirling liquid overhead projection lamps from the 70's. Also, the fact you've left the eyes completely normal with that manic gaze - love it !

Really nice piece of work that. Would you mind telling me the size of the canvas ?

[deleted] t1_isypotz wrote

This give me acid flashbacks, and I like that.

_ncw_ t1_isww9r6 wrote

You look like Underbelly from the Youtube channel You Suck At Producing. Really nice portrait!

smalyon t1_isxsdam wrote

This is fantastic, awesome technique.

xeroxzero t1_isy1ixn wrote

Rented an AirBNB in Asheville, NC and spent the night tripping with some friends. The lady who rented us our AirBNB was a painter and I have to say all those reds and greens were fantastic.

Thubanshee t1_iszwit8 wrote

This is awesome. It looks so alive. I love the eyes and the way the eyebrows accentuate them.

Thisisntjoe t1_isz03wb wrote

Yooo love the style Also you look like Underbelly lol

reward72 t1_it0innw wrote

That’s a strange skin condition. You should go see a dermatologist.

Kidding aside, I love it. I always thought of having a portrait of me hanging on a wall would be ridiculous, but now I want one in that style.

antisobrietist t1_it0sk4e wrote

The choice of color is awesome. They blend as a whole to create the propper shading, but the closer you look, the more abstract it becomes. I know very little about art, but i havent seen too many artists that can really capture the essence of psychedelia and you nailed it in such a unique way.

-LeoKnowz- t1_it0zo4s wrote

Are you the guy who plays that hobbit?

No_Instance372 t1_iswno5q wrote

Has a wonderful sense of movement and it flows with a great use of color like a Van Gogh. I love this☺️

reyrain t1_isxel5t wrote

Possibly weird comment warning: if you popped up on a dating app with that as one of your profile pictures I would be very curious to meet you! (I am a girl, for reference and I probably have different views from the majority of women out there, but hey).

nick52 t1_iszcbgu wrote

I loved you in Blue Mountain state

AmishTechno t1_iszczv6 wrote

You look just like the guy who played merry on LOTR

SuperG7 t1_it0age1 wrote

As I see this homie, I feel your pain and anger. The swirls of life and the existential bullshit of it all. Deep, keep on keeping on, life gets better! 🤙✌️

18ft2dr t1_it0ec4h wrote

Remind me of the movie The Faculty

Megpie444 t1_it0hhjt wrote

I love it! This is incredible :)

Squildo t1_it0l85b wrote

Don’t say the gamer word on the no-no bridge

entotresepodet t1_iswrvmj wrote

You might have a skin condition ☹️