Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jakob_the_Grumpy t1_jefp92j wrote

Bravo, amazing picture but unfortunately it made me sad 😅. In all earnestness that is some amazing light work and great use of space to create emptiness.. I get a bit of the same feeling as when looking at creepy liminal spaces. Particularly the unreasonably deep seeming pool works very well to enforce the feeling of emptiness and wrongness (the wrongess coming from this place being so empty when it is normally a crowded space).

Have you considered making a whole series of pictures like this? You created something really evocative and I think it would look awesome.

GabrielleSalonga OP t1_jeh0iz6 wrote

I do have more similar pieces you can check out on my profile! I’m a big fan of liminal spaces and love creating scenes that seem mundane at first glance but if you look long enough, the eeriness begins to show.

Jakob_the_Grumpy t1_jeh1qi9 wrote

Okay checked them out. I think they would be awesome for the creepiest coffee table book in a long time. Honestly, I love your work, particularly the more empty one. Really impressive. How long have you been making them?

IcyScientist6096 t1_jegg2u4 wrote

This reminds of an old “don’t do drugs” commercial. The young person was shown doing drugs and at the end she jumped into an empty pool from a high dive board.