Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hunnybunny031 t1_jd98zzh wrote

I like this but I don’t know why you put the title twice? Maybe the camera should just be labelled God. Some ambiguity is always nice

BigBossWesker4 t1_jd9beum wrote

"God is watching everything you do, when you get undressed or take a shower, when you touch yourself for hour after hour! God is watching everything you do."- Drawn Together

quikguy t1_jd9cm76 wrote

So that is what Bette Midler was singing about! From a distance!

phuck-you-reddit t1_jdadgoa wrote

I wish god would step up and smite some people that deserve it.

Zero-Of-Blade t1_jdak2nk wrote

I was expecting some eldritch type eyeball with that title... Security camera makes it seem like your boss has a god complex hence the name "god is watching"

Cruz-Clit t1_jd92ly9 wrote

Lame. This implies that god exists which he doesn’t. Banksy did a similar piece but eluded to the State always watching. This is drivel.

−6

pm_me_ur_ephemerides t1_jd9psxm wrote

I'm an atheist, and I *really* like this piece of art. I have many reasons for being an atheist, but one of them is this: God, if he were to exist, is the ultimate authoritarian. If you disagree with God's opinion, or fail to worship him, he may imprison you for eternity. This piece of art really conveys that believing in a God who always watches us is akin to living in a totalitarian police state. When I was a theist with doubts, I felt oppressed by the idea of God watching. Now, I am free.