Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Lighthouseamour t1_j6bloas wrote

I love it but why are his hands stinky?

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j6bmc7n wrote

haha, it’s supposed to be kinda like aura yk

friedwidth t1_j6e7auc wrote

Love the style as well! Reminds me of one of those nonchalant overpowered/badass, anime characters. But yeah work on the aura, seems to obscure things behind it too much

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j6eq7ql wrote

i appreciate u a lot man but i understand how weird the aura looks but what do u mean it seems too obscure with the things behind it? did u mean the other drawings?

friedwidth t1_j6f3qmt wrote

I'm in no way an artist, so take with a grain of salt-

I know the aura was probably added last, but it kinda feels exactly like that and is not fully cohesive with the drawing (kind of more like an after thought). It also hides/blocks the hands. As a brighter looking energy aura, maybe the hands should be illuminated by it and not dark/shadowed? Or if its more of a foggy aura with density, then make it more consistent and cover other parts of him as well?

Still worlds better than anything i could do! Auras can definitely be pretty complex, but i think it can also potentially add a lot to your drawing!

cxurtneyhxxd t1_j69qyt2 wrote

this is very well done! the skin is a bit on the grey side. maybe try using a more saturated skin color. similar w the hands, they seem a little dark and muddled. if the goal is to have it look like he is using the orange as energy, maybe have an orange glow around the hands instead of grey. also - the foot in the sandal is definitely the first thing that catches my eye. not sure if this is your goal, but changing the perspective / darkening the area where the foot is might adjust the focal point. best of luck to you & may you forever continue on your art journey 😌

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j69tfrb wrote

i appreciate the input, the skin does need improvement but it only got muddy after my shading but a saturated tone might be better and i like the idea of adding an orange glow around the person but i got lazy and settled for an energy that could only be seen by the trained eye haha but i’ll do that next time for sure but honestly i am a bit confused on how i could improve on the perspective on the foot which was the point but i know i didnt execute it well

cxurtneyhxxd t1_j69qzvb wrote

this is very well done! the skin is a bit on the grey side. maybe try using a more saturated skin color. similar w the hands, they seem a little dark and muddled. if the goal is to have it look like he is using the orange as energy, maybe have an orange glow around the hands instead of grey. also - the foot in the sandal is definitely the first thing that catches my eye. not sure if this is your goal, but changing the perspective / darkening the area where the foot is might adjust the focal point. best of luck to you & may you forever continue on your art journey 😌

Animal395 t1_j69zhps wrote

Looks amazing! It does kinda look like he has 5 big toes though

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j6a2914 wrote

thank u tho :)

Animal395 t1_j6a3n2g wrote

Hey! Still better feet than Rob Liefeld 😁 also, toe alignment can really help with the perspective critique the other dude gave ya

dernn_ t1_j6d9d97 wrote

the overall anatomy isn’t bad at all! just the perspective is odd (which is a very hard to do) i recommend studying anatomy and β€œmastering” it before getting into perspective which can become overwhelming for beginners if you don’t understand the body’s composition

dernn_ t1_j6da0ag wrote

i also recommended looking and taking reference pictures on your own. (anatomy, hands, perspective et cetera) There’s nothing wrong with copying references and is probably the best way to improve in general)

balgram t1_j6cgkd1 wrote

I like it! Interesting take on the character. I do think his head is a little bit too small on the full body pose with his foot sticking out. I think that might be throwing off his body proportions a little bit.

But I really like where this design is going. I'd be interested to see how the rest of the Scooby crew comes out looking with this redesign.

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j6e0rz9 wrote

i appreciate it and tbh i try doing references but from my experience i’ve always learned from practice and imagination but references would be faster for the progress i want

Mobile_Shoe3347 t1_j6dvy3k wrote

Did Scooby-Doo doo do a crossover with one piece?

Livinghhh-Cancel4181 OP t1_j6e0amx wrote

hehe i got the same vibe after i finished, sorta like sanji and fred had a son lol

SailorTheGamer t1_j6e1k69 wrote

I think it would be better if you made him a gay nazi and maybe make him black aswell I’m sure it will be a hit tv show

Worried_Syrup_3207 t1_j6g5xwu wrote

I really love the way you draw, you arent afraid of flamboyant poses clearly and you have a good grasp on color theory and angles. one thing i would say is work on the feet and shoes. his toes are spread out but his foot is a solid rectangle shape with the heel in the back. Also his shoe strap looks like its apart of his skin