Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Illustrious-Newt-248 t1_j9yjc4y wrote

Carpenter/Artist here. This is awesome, I love it so much. That is all.

inkfromben OP t1_j9ymj2g wrote

Same! Where are you based? I did this after a stupid, thankfully way less gory accident. Thank you!

Illustrious-Newt-248 t1_j9yra9g wrote

Based out of western Colorado! Do pretty much framing to finish work with the company on at now, love pen and ink drawing though.

inkfromben OP t1_j9yv81y wrote

Bet it's nice out there. I checked out your drawings. I like that human skull and ram skull!

Styx92 t1_j9z3j5p wrote

This is why you always use PPE.

inkfromben OP t1_j9z5vt2 wrote

Full chainmail suit everyday

bigjungus11 t1_j9ytqve wrote

That's some fucking FLOW state right there

Fuurinji__Hayato t1_j9z0huh wrote

Ever considered doing horror manga? You could make a killing.

inkfromben OP t1_j9z5qd0 wrote

Nope! I didn't know that existed til you mentioned it. Thanks!

Fuurinji__Hayato t1_ja04dh7 wrote

Whaaat? This legit looks like a detailed two-page spread of something gnarly happening in a horror manga. Intimately grotesque and vivid. Could be straight out of Chainsaw Man for all I know! 😁

inkfromben OP t1_ja097sa wrote

I have something new to look into, thanks! Got any recommendations? Chainsaw Man?

Fuurinji__Hayato t1_ja0getc wrote

Plenty!

Chainsaw Man is great.

Berserk is amazing. Easily even better. (You can start at the very beginning with the Black Swordsman arc, or go straight to the Golden Age, which may make more sense if you're just starting without context. There is a lot, though.)

Otherwise, the works of Junji Ito are pretty creepy. Uzumaki looks like some surreal nightmare fuel.

There are plenty others, but those are my tops. 👌

inkfromben OP t1_ja0xky2 wrote

Thanks! Looks like a great starter list.

BouncingHelium t1_j9zhjpl wrote

Sawdust is exfoliating, proven by this drawing.

Destructopoo t1_j9zdjyc wrote

God this really captures the constant stress of the spinning blade near all my skin and hair.

SeyiiGO t1_j9zz3u4 wrote

A work art, that's not safe for work... What an irony

greenMintCow t1_ja088pw wrote

Great piece. It frightens me, but art that evokes emotions and feelings are powerful, intelligent pieces. I like the textures and the way you made the "ink" splatters

SlappyHandstrong t1_ja0r161 wrote

This is great! Looks like a punk album cover from the 80’s. Love the kinetic energy!

E-Bone-Capone727 t1_ja1u67d wrote

This looks like it came straight out of the “Crossed” comics!

kween_hangry t1_ja20a9m wrote

That sick, funky, crusty comix-style stuff. Gross and fun at the same time. Love it.

inkfromben OP t1_ja2upbl wrote

Gross and fun is generally my aim, thanks!

FoundationSuitable68 t1_ja62mbz wrote

That happened to a friend I was helping remodel a house.. finally got to drive his Escalade.. awesome drawing!

inkfromben OP t1_ja7cq3r wrote

Hope he was ok in the end! Thanks!

FoundationSuitable68 t1_ja7mhp5 wrote

He's good. Cut the tip of his thumb off about halfway down the thumbnail. 20 years later and I still think of that every time I use a circular saw!

FizzingSlit t1_ja0ljhw wrote

Wow this looks like it could be a classic Junji Ito page turn.

inkfromben OP t1_ja0xq0k wrote

Thanks! I just learnt who that is 'cause of the above commenter haha

Justcoveritincheese t1_ja0v7vh wrote

You ever think about doing one with someone grinding their face on a grindstone ? A literal translation of “keep your nose to the grindstone”.

inkfromben OP t1_ja0y0os wrote

Haha that would be pretty sick. I'm planning on doing a couple workplace accident ones.

Justcoveritincheese t1_ja1390t wrote

Recommend falling in molten metal and getting caught around a driveshaft if you need inspiration , the stickers for the driveshaft warnings are comical .