Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

InsertSomeErrantName t1_iujyu8w wrote

Visit a doctor and get a perscription.

acvilleimport OP t1_iujz4z5 wrote

Father in Law is from Bolivia and has no insurance, and his blood pressure is rapidly going up. He wants to avoid the whole process of getting a USA prescription because of the insane medical costs here + no USA insurance.

InsertSomeErrantName t1_iujzdyl wrote

It's not a good idea to visit the US if you didn't plan out the medical stuff. I'd recommend getting him on a plane back ASAP because it could take a while to do things here in the states.

HowdyDoobie t1_iuk12a5 wrote

I don't know how to get past needing a prescription, but I get generic blood pressure medicine at walmart for $10 for a 90 day supply. Their formulary is online so you can look up whether his usual medicine is one of the cheap ones.

RudegarWithFunnyHat t1_iujzjcc wrote

Contact your country consulate, the Americans are not going to give him free stuff

misanthropewolf11 t1_iujz386 wrote

Visit a doctor and bring your prescription bottle.

True_Pineapple517 t1_iuk27v8 wrote

Any chance he has travel insurance? Definitely a good idea in the future. I’m not sure if it’s too late for him to get it now or if they cover prescriptions but it might be worth a search. I use Allianz.

ZevVeli t1_iuk2thi wrote

Pharmacy technician here: your only options are to visit an urgent care or emergency room and get a prescription for a holdover supply of medication. You will need to use a prescription discount card to bring the cost down. But unfortunately because of a combination of the standard billing practices and prescription law we cannot just give you pills.