Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

glassteelhammer t1_jdqpl8n wrote

.... clothes are a wear item. A jacket maybe, that I could understand. But feeling upset that a company won't help you without a receipt for a pair of 7 year old jeans.... I dunno man.

I've never owned a pair of pants of any fabric that I haven't worn through the crotch or blown out the crotch in less than 3 years.

That said, and it's not jeans, but LuluLemon is hands down one of my favorite companies for clothes for men. I just had 2 pairs of pants replaced for free after 3 years because the crotches blew out.

1 of those pairs of pants was a replacement for a replacement that was also free like 3 years before that. So I've had 1 pair of pants that they have replaced twice after I have utterly thrashed them. Hard to argue with.

ABC Classic straight leg pants from Lulu. Cannot recommend them enough.

Informal-Use7275 t1_jdr7zqm wrote

Same here, love my Diesels. I like they Ralph Lauren jeans, good for work ando reliable materials

Sad-Pumpkin7522 t1_jduf7iy wrote

If you can afford them Detroit Denim is where it’s at. Traditional selvedge that just starts hitting its stride after a full year of wear. Free lifetime repairs and alterations. Constructed like a brick sh*thouse. And seems about as ethical as a company gets these days. I have a blue pair that I love and a black pair being made now, I fully plan on these being only jeans I buy for the next decade or more. They’re that good.

rjwilmsi t1_jdw6kwg wrote

I had a few pairs of Diesel jeans and also had the issue that the crotch area got a hole in it when the rest of the jeans were still fine. At least one of them was the Larkee model. I think the combination of relatively lightweight/thin material (versus the full on selvedge) and relatively close fit means that the crotch area gets a lot of strain on the material as you move, so wears out. I didn't really find a good option as an alternative - I did some research without finding a good option so just decided not to wear jeans much. Firstly with thicker material (selvedge) I just thought the material would be too warm for me outside of cold winter days. Secondly while I don't want really tight fitting jeans I do want at least a "Straight" fit in Diesel terms because I have relatively small calves, so anything wider e.g. bootcut doesn't fit me in a way I like. But then my upper legs are relatively wide for my height so that probably makes the material tighter around crotch area. Maybe I'm an odd shape...

For jeans bought in 2015 without a receipt I would not expect a manufacturer to be providing a replacement. Even with a receipt, I think everyday clothes are an item that cannot last forever, 8 years later is too long to expect free repair/replacement unless the company has a clear lifetime guarantee.

sandseller t1_jdzi53o wrote

Get jeans that fit properly. Blown crotch area is not always due to chafing but also because you wear ill-fitting jeans/don't wear them high enough so that there is a lot of stress in the crotch area everytime you spread your legs a little. Even super heavy jeans will have that problem.

CMYKoi t1_je9nofr wrote

They're not dressy, but my Duluth Flex Ballrooms might outlive me lol