Submitted by avengedrkr t3_zv99nh in BuyItForLife

My partner has flat feet and needs a good sized heel to avoid pain. She tends to buy in the £60 range and unsurprisingly, the leather tears and the heels fall apart.

I've had my redwing for years but she won't let me stretch that far in price for her (noticed rhe pink tax on the womens vs mens 6" moc toe), and it's quite a struggle finding women's redwings in stores round here.

I've heard good things from solovaire as a better quality Docs style alternative but the heels are too low for her.

If there's any locals here with specific shop recommendations, we live near Manchester/Sheffield, and travel to Birmingham often

Thank you!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

avengedrkr OP t1_j1nua7s wrote

My partner has flat feet and needs a good sized heel to avoid pain. She tends to buy in the £60 range and unsurprisingly, the leather tears and the heels fall apart.

I've had my redwing for years but she won't let me stretch that far in price for her (noticed rhe pink tax on the womens vs mens 6" moc toe), and it's quite a struggle finding women's redwings in stores round here.

I've heard good things from solovaire as a better quality Docs style alternative but the heels are too low for her.

If there's any locals here with specific shop recommendations, we live near Manchester/Sheffield, and travel to Birmingham often

Thank you!

Sapphos_smalldog t1_j1qg79u wrote

Not sure if vionics are available in the UK, but they are a great brand for flat feet, heels or no heels because they have an exaggerated arch. After foot surgery I had to stop wearing heels for flat feet and the vionics orthotics saved me! They have shoes and heels that have all lasted me a solid 5 years of regular seasonal wear.

avengedrkr OP t1_j1qjj3u wrote

Ooh thank you for the advice! She likes the look of the Sienna nubuck chealsea boots. I can't find any retailers near us, but there's a UK store a few hours away that have them for £70 off with free UK shopping and returns

EastRaccoon5952 t1_j1nyp1v wrote

Not quite BIFL, but I have a pair of Timberland boots that look a lot like that. Love them.

SUB_MRS t1_j1oe5bq wrote

I am looking for a similar boot, I’ve been looking into the Blundstone heeled chelsea boot and was wondering if anyone can recommend.

Billypisschips t1_j1oocxw wrote

Logger boots eg cat sequoia, usually have a substantial heel. Dr Martens and Solovair sometimes do runs with a heeled version of the DM/slightly different to DM sole.