Submitted by claireofthehills t3_zcnp9s in BuyItForLife

Looking for recommendations for a natural latex pillow for a side sleeper. Looking for maximum neck and shoulder support (high loft) and cooling. Organic cotton cover is preferred. Must be all natural materials (no polyester). Prefer molded latex, not shredded. Oeko-Tex, GOTS, or GOLS certification preferred. Thank you for your suggestions.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

verbal_tangerine t1_iyxpxy0 wrote

The Avocado Molded Latex Pillow is great. We’ve had them for a couple of years and have been very happy.

Hunnnnerr t1_iyz5sbr wrote

I just got this one from Ikea and I'm enjoying it. I sleep funny though so it may not be enough support for other side sleepers. I just really hate the ergonomic contoured ones.

claireofthehills OP t1_iz0akh3 wrote

Thank you but that Ikea pillow looks like memory foam, not natural latex.

Dessedence t1_iyxgq9i wrote

The Talalay Latex pillow from Brooklyn bedding seems to fit the bill perfectly for way you're looking for. Mine is a couple years old now and I'm still happy with it.

claireofthehills OP t1_iyxnjbg wrote

Thank you. I’ve considered it but read a review saying it may not be lofty enough for side sleepers. Are you a side sleeper?

“However, I found this pillow may be too soft for side sleeping. Side sleepers may need a firmer pillow to maintain good neutral alignment in their spine. Because this pillow is so soft and forgiving, it may not support a side sleeper’s head and neck enough to prevent discomfort.”

https://www.mattressclarity.com/bedding/pillows/brooklyn-bedding-talalay-latex/

5spd4wd t1_iyxxrst wrote

The latex pillows do come as "firm".

Look on Amazon, lots of them there.

Dessedence t1_iyz2vi8 wrote

I am a side sleeper and I've found the high loft works well for my purposes. I'm also on the smaller side so that may be a contributing factor?

5spd4wd t1_iyxwjy8 wrote

I have 100% latex pillows and I sleep every which way. That's the best thing about natural latex pillows, no matter what position you're in they mold to your head and neck like they're customized just for you. Not the molded or pre-shaped kind. Not a hybrid. 100% Talalay or Dunlop latex.

claireofthehills OP t1_iyxz5ny wrote

Thank you.

​

Presently, I am considering these four options:

Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow

SIJO Cloudsupport Pilow

Avocado Molded Latex Pillow

Turmerry Organic Latex Pillow

5spd4wd t1_iyxzlhu wrote

Personally I would skip the molded one. Can you return a pillow to those sellers if it doesn't seem right for you? I know you can on Amazon, for free.

meborz t1_iyzvhlp wrote

https://sleeponlatex.com/
Also recently doing business as https://earthfoam.com/ .
They are high loft compared to other latex pillows I have. I tend to put my arm under my head when sleeping on side, so I either have to use a thinner pillow or not put my arm under my head.

claireofthehills OP t1_iz0a7yy wrote

Yes, me too. I currently use two wool pillows and put my arm under one.

WantDebianThanks t1_iz05suo wrote

I know you said latex, but you might also want to look at buckwheat hull. I love mine, and you can mold it to how you sleep.

claireofthehills OP t1_iz09xv6 wrote

I had one years ago but it wasn't for me. I'm sleeping on wool now and love wool but they compress too much overt time. The last wool pillows I bought only lasted 6 months before going so flat and lumpy.