Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jennyfromtheeblock t1_j214i2w wrote

I've had VERY good experiences with banana republic suiting.

Sizes up to 20 and good quality fabrication and cuts. Perfect if you tailor them.

I'm big in the chest but small in the shoulders with short arms so always have to alter.

I have suits and blazers from BR that I have had for years.

fridayimatwork t1_j1zygxe wrote

Pendleton, Lafayette 158. You may want to look at thrift and consignment shops though - workplaces have gotten more casual and I’ve found great stuff 2nd hand

Accomplished_Alarm_1 OP t1_j1zza4t wrote

I have looked a lot at secondhand shops, but never find my size.

I work in a pretty casual environment but still love dressing up. I also have to go to court occasionally so I like having some staple pieces to mix and match on hand

sunxmountain t1_j205nl1 wrote

Not sure size/build wise, but I have a couple second-hand Brooks Brothers and they are just really well made. Everything from the fabric to the cut to the finishing is just like no shortcuts, done right.

Buffalo_Cottage t1_j20lkhw wrote

What's your budget? You could look at MM LaFleur. I have a ton of items from them... they're investment pieces, wear like iron, and are all timeless styles.

Brookeopolis t1_j2boqav wrote

I second this. I have 3 black shirts from them that I wear to work every day. They hold up really well.

Altruistic_Pop_1711 t1_j2asna5 wrote

Agreed! I find their stuff on ThredUP for fairly decent prices.

Buffalo_Cottage t1_j2awm73 wrote

Yep! And I should have noted in my post that they have a Second Act shop for lightly worn items. I've gotten a couple of things there and the quality is great.

jnortond t1_j21qhxy wrote

I got an excellent wool LL Bean blazer on Poshmark for a steal. It’s old school classic, camel colored, and size 18.