Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xSympl OP t1_j3t32qi wrote

You say overly engineered and high quality shouldn't be a metric then give examples of poorly engineered low quality products. Plus, boots last a long fucking time if you take care of them. Are you rotating your pairs and taking care of the leather? You can't wear a boot several days in a row and expect it to last, just rotating through even one other pair and making sure the other pair can dry out properly after use can extend the life dramatically in many cases.

ZionBane t1_j3tow1h wrote

First Point: I have a spatula that I bought at Walmart, just a generic pressed metal blade, with a plastic handle, so damn cheap it does not even have a brand or logo on it, paid something like 5 dollars for it, bought it at a summer kick off sale, had to glue the handle back on a few times over the years, but at 5 years old, of daily use, still holds up great, gonna use it again in about half an hour to make dinner.

Second Point: As for the boots, lets get something clear, not only can I wear the same boots all week straight, I do. Now I am not about to get into a pissing contest on boots with you, you wear your boots your way, I'll wear mine, my way. Regardless of that factor, I expect if I buy a higher quality boot, they should last longer then a lower quality pair under the same situation and usage, if they do not, what's the point of saying they are better, when, they aren't for what I need.

Anyway, might add my spatula to this site, just to brag on it, might piss you off, but I think it can still be bought at Walmart, during the summer when they are putting out all the cheap grilling stuff.

−1

chefkoolaid t1_j3y6t3q wrote

ya need to let boots rest and dry out for them to last. improperly cared for yeah, any boot will get destroyed quickly by daily wear

xSympl OP t1_j3umm0d wrote

You're pissed off I told you literal basic fucking boot care lmao. You need help and a checked ego, lol. I'm not going to keep arguing with someone who is literally mentally unwell.

ZionBane t1_j3vx0xq wrote

Nah bro. You wear your boots your way, I'll wear them mine, if you think that it being mentally unwell, you have issues.

Which might be why you also have issues with this site, I wish you well somewhere else.

−1

xSympl OP t1_j3w1onc wrote

you're just proving my point with every reply

ZionBane t1_j3w7kmo wrote

Your Point Being: That you don't understand that, if you make the claim that something is BIFL, that you should, at the very least, have a working example of it's longevity under your care?

xSympl OP t1_j3wg2r3 wrote

Bro you think the government is using us for fucking batteries, you're just an old argumentative loser who wants to cherry pick his replies to ignore the actual information while being upset over something never said.

It's sad, and it's pathetic. You call yourself a prepper but don't know basic boot care!? You use hostile language then act like the boots are what I'm calling out to begin with!?

I take solace in the fact you clearly are either on the spectrum or schizo-afflicted. I hope you're healthy one day, but you are a scourge that doesn't deserve to exist. You're a fucking walking loot drop in an actual SHTF scenario and your unhinged mentality and attitude mean you'd just be wasted and scaved in a real scenario lmao.

You genuinely need help, but I'm positive you're on a government list. Knowing you are factually mentally unwell and not me just being a dickhead makes me genuinely sad because I wasted, and am continuing with this response TO WASTE, effort on someone who never has or will have a stable thought in their life. You make me sad, congratulations.

ZionBane t1_j3wj4tq wrote

Wow, look at that drooling, insane, all over the place personal attack, over... boot care,

You, have issues.

xSympl OP t1_j3ydn4m wrote

You regularly post to /conspiracy and /prepper. You continue to act like this is over boot care.

You're the insane one. I'm just going to block you and hope you finally get one some meds for the schizophrenia and paranoia. Maybe if SHTF I'll find you and turn you into a loot drop too<3