Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

LT1roadmaster t1_j96ezut wrote

Their new bags probably aren't anywhere near the old ones in quality. I'd almost look towards osprey.

LitIllit t1_j9i04l8 wrote

Love my kelty going on 8 years looking new with work/school/hiking/travel

MrR-YGuy t1_j96nd6i wrote

Great looking bag and seems like it’s high quality too. I have a big of a backpack fetish and keep wishing in the back of my mind that my Timbuk 2 would show some age or some sign of a flaw to give me an excuse to get a new backpack. However it has gone from being my school bag, to hiking bag, to working on construction sites and being thrown around bag and hasn’t shown any weakness yet.

nijave t1_j985hgd wrote

I've had a Timbuk2 Parkside since around ~2014-2015 and it's held up well with almost daily use. I, too, have been waiting to replace it with a less floppy laptop holder but it's still going strong.

neut6o1 t1_j9fxikt wrote

Maybe you are already on there, but if you have a fetish for backpacks, I recommend checking out r/ManyBaggers.

iiipercentpat t1_j96ihqq wrote

My northface borealis from 8 years ago is going strong still!

sonofisadore t1_j97itt9 wrote

I have a similar one. Used daily since 2010 and no major wear and tear. Amazing quality

mawkdugless t1_j96fjit wrote

Very nice. I bought an older Recon that looks very similar that's held up really nicely for me.

LowGradePlayer t1_j96lsru wrote

I had a recon (1990) and wrecked the zipper and they gave me a new recon.

Midget_Masher t1_j97cork wrote

I’ve got a Yavapai from 2004 still kicking. Yours looks to be in great shape. They make great stuff.