Submitted by pattyorland t3_10rwvhx in CambridgeMA

Cambridge uses seeclickfix.com for the public to report things that need to be fixed (potholes, etc). But the site is down. Where do I report this?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

zutronics t1_j6yuorp wrote

I still subscribe to my neighborhood after moving away, and I love watching neighbors tattling on each other! It's so fun! People are so passive aggressive - they'd much rather complain anonymously on this app about someone mistakenly putting their garbage out early than knock on their door. I mean, I'm guilty of petty shit too - but man, it's a hoot watching people hate on their neighbors.

pattyorland OP t1_j7y4x0y wrote

Would you want to be pestered by your neighbor knocking on your door, rather than getting a no-fine warning from the city?

zutronics t1_j7yy8r9 wrote

I’d rather a civil conversation than people snidely complaining about something minor. I think the app is useful and used it for broken water fountains and whatnot but many of the complaints are mean spirited amongst neighbors for minor issues.

pattyorland OP t1_j819yqd wrote

Now that you mention it, I hardly ever see a complaint about another neighbor. The majority of things the city should legitimately fix: missed trash pickup, potholes, etc.

zutronics t1_j81a9r5 wrote

Apparently you don’t live in East Cambridge!

pattyorland OP t1_j81azrb wrote

Right now, the issues shown in East Cambridge are the same as any other neighborhood. Mostly missed trash pickups and potholes, and a few park maintenance issues.

The only complaint about someone other than the city is a for construction truck parked on the sidewalk, which is an obnoxious behavior that should be reported to the city. Though it's more effective to call the police non-emergency number for things like this.

zutronics t1_j81ba7z wrote

Right now is the operative phrase. I lived there since 2014 and saw this a number of times. I’m not debating the usefulness of the app, just stating it’s often used for sniping. Have a great weekend!

Lovebird8 t1_j6ykl4h wrote

That app is useless. I submitted requests on November 9 and 29 for two different issues. They just shuffle the responsibility to different areas, then say it was "resolved" 2 months later when nothing was actually done. If you try to click on the survey to submit a response it doesn't work.

−1

justlookin592 t1_j6z7acx wrote

So weird, I’ve had the opposite. I’ve reported a couple of playground equipment issues and they got solved quickly. I also reported a stop light timing issue, and while it took a while to get a response, the response was lengthy and informative.