Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

awdrgyjilz t1_j5k1b7n wrote

I think the question of why Lakey Boyd has supporters is almost irrelevant.

The real question is if the Board want to get rid of her, why can they not make their reasons transparent? If they can’t do that, I’m left to assume the Board has bad intentions or are themselves incompetent.

goliebs OP t1_j5k7kja wrote

I would just believe Dick when he says the conflict is about the relationship between the CEO and the board. He’s not lying about that. It’s just a dumb reason to fire someone who is really good at doing the job you hired them to do.

Ayjia t1_j5ke6k9 wrote

I mean, sure.

Firing someone on the basis that you don't like them is basically a lawsuit waiting to happen. Wrongful termination is a Thing. And that's what's happening here, except we get to pay for their dumb reasons, which is why a lot of people are frustrated.

I've only known Columbia under Boyd. I have friends that have lived here far longer, and they tell me I'm lucky - "she doesn't let the board get away with shit" and "it's about time someone put them in their place". Even before articles like the one in the OP, the board has always been painted (to me, in my experience), at best, as people mildly abusing their authority in only their best interests.

shebang_bin_bash t1_j5lsmz0 wrote

Why do they keep getting re-elected if this is the case?

Glittering_Drama_805 t1_j5mcdxh wrote

Because so few people vote in CA elections as to make it unrealistic that the results truly represent some kind of informed choice by the community.

awdrgyjilz t1_j5kcwmi wrote

Agreed, it is definitely dumb.

Especially if you’re going to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars that could towards something else, just because you don’t like someone. Which again, speaks to incompetence.

LoooseyGooose t1_j62hct5 wrote

If you are referring to Dick Boulton, I would not give him the benefit of the doubt after he was caught spreading lies about his opponent in the last election.