Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tfl03 t1_je571qe wrote

I’ve long held a theory that if you were able to combine Hartford & New Haven you’d get one of the best smaller cities in the country. Hartford brings state government, large companies/jobs, Trinity College and good hospitals. New Haven brings Yale, museums, culture, music venues more jobs in different industries and great food.

Alas, they’re 30 miles apart.

No-Ant9517 t1_je5bopa wrote

Build a bunch of stuff along the Hartford-new haven corridor and upgrade the train service along it to be high speed (faster than 80 or so)

Suddenly it’s super easy to live in Hartford work at travelers and head to New Haven for shows and whatever or easy to live in New Haven and go to your job in Hartford etc.

timmahfast t1_je5cr5c wrote

I can't wait for the day we have high speed rail in this state

No-Ant9517 t1_je5do75 wrote

I’ll take anything, it doesn’t have to be the whole Boston-NYC corridor, (but we should go for that) even Hartford-new haven would be a huge deal, right now that trip is 46 mins, give me something that can do it in 30

Mascbro26 t1_je7rwiu wrote

Hartford has Wadsworth museum, real artways, food truck parks, great restaurants and live music venues. New Haven has Yale New Haven hospital, Yale museums, the warf food trucks, great restaurants and live music venues. They both have almost the same options.

JaKr8 t1_je7upnf wrote

Minneapolis-St.Paul do this rather well...

pond_minnow t1_je5r1zn wrote

Go to Black Eye'd Sallys tonight. 7PM. Jazz Wednesdays feat. Ethan Silverman. Enjoy.

jayarekay338 t1_je4t6ln wrote

Not sure about Hartford specifically but I can help get a list started that covers CT. Cafe Nine in New Haven regularly has Jazz jams and books jazz acts. Villa Italia is a great restaurant in Stamford and they have live jazz Tuesday nights. There’s also the Side Door Jazz club in the Old Lyme Inn. Good luck!

LiquidNah OP t1_je4wiey wrote

Hartford strikes out as the most boring city in ct once again

fastnsx21 t1_je569ut wrote

Sounds like an opportunity to open a jazz club

Mascbro26 t1_je7s6o7 wrote

Infinity music hall and black eyed sallys both have jazz. Also Arch St. Tavern.

killjobs t1_je68xrq wrote

Did not know that about Villa Italia. Thanks for sharing!

CtForrestEye t1_je5la4h wrote

Have you tried Black Eyed Sally's?

everyoneisracist666 t1_je78ln3 wrote

There's a small music venue in Hartford across from the new Plan B Burger, and Bears Barbeque. That's probably what you're looking for. All their shows are easy listening type stuff like Dark Star Orchestra. I'm sure there's some Jazz going on. Infinity Music Hall** it looks pretty happening.

pinkanon39 t1_jed22rg wrote

semilla cafe + studio is really lovely

Personal_Vacation217 t1_je5oe0z wrote

side door jazz club is the only realistic thing you are looking for in CT, it's all the way in Old Lyme. dont bother with anything else in CT.

Mascbro26 t1_je7siof wrote

Can't find anything on Google? So Infinity Hall, Black Eyed Sallys, Arch St. Tavern and Mortenson Hall don't work for you?