Submitted by samiam2600 t3_y8ha7y in Connecticut

I just renewed my license on the new to me DMV website. What a surprisingly easy and seamless process. My expectations for the DMV are low but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

adam_west_ t1_it04h8y wrote

It’s another thing Ned Lamont has championed … greater digital access for citizens

AbbreviationsKey9446 t1_it0b6r1 wrote

The DMV system has vastly improved since Lamont's COVID changes. Though as a Republican it's painful to admit.

Online renewal is easy, I was able to very easily update my address and other info over email, and going into the DMV for title/registration changes was efficient and easy.

Downside is it's hard to use the DMV as the butt of jokes anymore.

massholeinct t1_it0itet wrote

Still the only website Ive ever seen that will put your webpage on hold due to heavy traffic. A virtual dmv line that, while better than physically going to the dmv, is extremely on brand for dmv’s.

howdidigetheretoday t1_it2721i wrote

I actually think this is brilliant. Makes me feel confident that I am on the REAL DMV website and not some scam/phishing/hacker site.

mas90guru t1_it1rte3 wrote

During COVID I had to go in for renewal. It was very well organized. Minimal wait time. It took a pandemic to for some organizations to get their processed streamlined.

shoeshouuu t1_it1q2jb wrote

Anything is better than seeing those miserable workers

Seniortomox t1_it2uols wrote

One thing I will say that annoys me. If you lose your license and need a replacement you better have a photo or the driver license number written down some where otherwise you have to go into the DMV to order a replacement. Also why does it take a month to get a replacement ID. I use to have an Arizona ID and they would over night that bad boy for a price.

FireyToots t1_it466zf wrote

I put in for an address change when we bought our house. that was in july. still haven't gotten anything.