Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GOOFCON_1 t1_iueyus5 wrote

Walkable Streets ✅ Charming Houses and Storefronts ✅ Not Surprised ✅

Jawaka99 t1_iufrvyz wrote

On the flip side, traffic through downtown is silly and there's no place to park.

−12

GOOFCON_1 t1_iug5g7w wrote

That’s the point. Cars suck. Mystic knows this.

Popular_Bid_3343 t1_iui16nk wrote

I agree that cars suck, but I disagree that Mystic knows this. Attend any of the area’s economic development meetings and the like and you’ll discover that SECT loooooves their cars and considers it a personal affront if they have to walk more than a quarter of a mile.

Look at Coleman St. in New London. Could absolutely transform that stroad into a lovely walkable shopping district. Instead you’ve got four car dealerships dispersed among concrete graveyards, abandoned buildings, and all you can eat fast food chains. Driving down that road is worse than depressing and it’s no wonder that people think New London is a slum city.

BOB58875 t1_iugeciu wrote

That’s why I’ve always advocated for banning cars from Mystic just like they’re doing in Europe such as in parts of Paris and Barcelona

Doctor-Dapper t1_iug6wht wrote

Plenty of places to park year round, traffic is fine in winter and easily avoidable in summer.

aarondavidson t1_iuf6h9z wrote

lol. Few sidewalks and bit much more decoration than anywhere else local.

fprintf t1_iug1c5i wrote

And house prices that make them completely unobtainable. Mystic is nice for a visit but everyone but the wealthy is going to be in Pawcatuck, Groton or Westerly and just visiting Mystic.

LaxHnl t1_iugo49e wrote

Mystic [at least part of it] is in Groton.

fprintf t1_iuiu4d5 wrote

Very true, all delineated by the Mystic river. We were just looking at a house in Mystic but the address and town hall are in Stonington. We looked at another house and it was in Groton.

silverado-z71 t1_iufwumu wrote

It is absolutely gorgeous I spent four days there right around Christmas one year and it was absolutely beautiful

xxhorrorshowxx t1_iuh5122 wrote

Now we know who to blame for the off-season crowds recently, damn.

SonicBoom6 t1_iuh59n1 wrote

CTInsider been over exaggerating their articles like they been to every towns, states, and seen it all. Probably customers bait and switch or something. If something indeed is the best in America: how so, who the last best, what the rating base on? Otherwise CTInsider is not a creditable place to read stuff like this but to read over exaggerating opinions.

−1

BlkOwndYtFam t1_iueybj7 wrote

Inland Provincetown.

Pretty is certainly not a word I'd use to describe the open degeneracy on display in Mystic. Hellish perhaps.

−71

bent_peepee t1_iufd0h4 wrote

“open degeneracy on display”

wat.

bbpr120 t1_iufx8ls wrote

Guessing that they saw a same sex couple holding hands in downtown, one was probably flashing ankle (the scandal!!!!) and their sad little repressed self can't handle that others can be true, while they can't.

​

Really sounds like they need a good orgy up in P-Town to loosen up and mellow out. That and a geography lesson...

goodfellabrasco t1_iuilj1u wrote

Mystic, CT does not exactly strike me as a hotbed of degeneracy and excess, lol.....

Dirt_Bike_Zero t1_iufpg19 wrote

Inland? Do you even know where the water is? Doubtful, with a comment as ignorant as that.