Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

yudkib t1_iud1cti wrote

If you just got the job then they might have a hard time finding proof of your income. Like, it wouldn’t be on a tax return and you might not have many (if any) stubs. Don’t let that stop you from applying. Worst they say is no. Otherwise I would try to call individual shelters and explain your situation. Call 211 back and give them a different income just so you get some info on what you would need to do with a different income. People who operate shelters genuinely want to help people but 211 is just going to read phone scripts. Take care of yourself, sorry to hear about your situation.

merrykrystenmas t1_iud9pnx wrote

What part of the state are you in? If you’re in Fairfield County call Inspirica directly. They have a lot of resources.

TCPottery t1_iudabpq wrote

You don't have income until you are getting paid. Look at your earnings for the year thus far when responding to that question.

mdfromct t1_iudyuiv wrote

If it’s a domestic violence situation, they don’t require income information. You’ll get immediate assistance in ways you’ve never dreamed of.

If that’s the case please take advantage of it ASAP.

WhittlingDan t1_iuedoii wrote

You should qualify for rapid rehousing with a job if your homeless right now. They will get you in a place faster because of your job. They WILK probably pay security and 3 months.

Message me. I have a lot of experience with homelessness, 211 and shelters in Connecticut.

nikedude t1_iueim1l wrote

Not sure, but check Interval House

No_Arm_931 t1_iuf9vem wrote

If related to domestic violence, call CT Safe Connect: 888-774-2900 .

Paint_her_paint_me t1_iugd7po wrote

Check shelters websites directly. At the very least they may be able to help you plan an exit. Not sure where you are, but there’s Interval House, My Sister’s Place, and Meriden-Wallingford Chrysalis.

ETA: my assumption was a dv situation, my apologies if that’s not the case, and I hope that you are able to find the help that you need.

buried_lede t1_iuhd6vt wrote

A women's homeless shelter or domestic violence shelter? If the latter, here is a more direct phone number instead of 211

http://www.ctcadv.org/

Statewide 24 Hour Toll Free Hotline 1-888-774-2900 English 1-844-831-9200 Spanish Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CCADV) Services All domestic violence advocacy services are free and confidential