Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Prize-Hedgehog t1_j18b28m wrote

At a Stop & Shop I was at there was a guy doing this by the front of the store. There was an older guy so enamored by this person playing in the lot that he ran over to him and was praising how good he was and drops some money in his case. As he walks into the store with me I explained that what he was doing was just pretending to play, he’s a phony. You would’ve thought I just told him Santa wasn’t real. Kinda felt bad I rained on his parade, but I feel people need to know they’re getting duped.

kashmir_stg t1_j18o62a wrote

I always see a dude in Danbury at the Staples/Trader Joe’s plaza with a violin. I thought he was suspiciously good 🤨🧐

PangolinPizzaParty t1_j19dgbl wrote

I don’t see it as anything different than tossing a few bucks to a guy on the side of the street with a cardboard sign. Which part is the scam? The sign? Or the violin? You can either donate, or not. your choice. At least violin guy is providing entertainment, whether he’s actually playing or not.

Darondo t1_j1akcfh wrote

It’s taking advantage of charitable people who want to support hard-working, struggling local musicians. It’s a grift.