Submitted by IrishWithoutPotatoes t3_zp33ov in Connecticut

Like the title says, my gf and I are looking for a good clinic for our kittens in/around the Farmington area (but we don’t mind driving further if we need to). We just got two kittens that are about 2.5 months old, and we are looking for somewhere that does spay/neuter services + anything else that is necessary (vaccines, chipping, etc). We can’t pay tons of money but I don’t mind saving up to make sure that the kittens get the proper care they need while being safe (we just lost one of my moms cats this week to a heart condition so I’m a little extra sensitive to anything risky for my little ones).

So any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

judgmentalapple t1_j0qznb4 wrote

Kensington Bird & Animal Hospital has been really good to my cats. I highly recommend them!

CTrandomdude t1_j0qsjly wrote

You won’t have many options if any. There is a vet shortage and your challenge will be getting any vet to accept new clients.

YoungManInCoffeeShop t1_j0r5nzo wrote

I really like the quality of care my pets receive at VCA hospitals. There’s one in east Hartford, know for a fact they’re taking new clients rn. Plus they do a thing called care club where they total up all the care for a year, subtract something like 15% and divide it out across the months. So it’s the same bill on the same day every month (varies if you’re doing spay/neuter or if they’re senior etc). There’s a small enrolment fee but that’s all you’ll pay the day of the first appt, the first month fee bills a few days later.

BeachAdjacent t1_j0rfzhx wrote

Protectors of Animals in East Hartford does a low cost spay / neuter clinic, as does the Fox Memorial Clinic at the CT Humane Society in Newington. Both book up fast so call now for a February appt. DO NOT USE Connecticut Veterinary Center in West Hartford near Flatbush and New Park.

Grayswandir t1_j0rniiz wrote

We use [Cats Limited] (https://catslimited.com) in West Hartford. They've been great with our 3 cats the past few years, even one with feline leukemia. We like it because there's no dogs to scare our babes in the waiting room.

lilacoceanfeather t1_j0waeur wrote

Ragged Mountain Animal Hospital in Plainville

You could also reach out to low-cost clinics and rescues. You’re likely going to have a wait regardless. Any vets who are accepting new patients likely won’t be able to get you in right away.

Consider getting pet insurance if you can afford a monthly balance for it. It can help with any unexpected costs.

ricnyse t1_j0qg2ng wrote

Place in plainville old canal is awesome