Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

abnerkravitz860 t1_j5ouhfg wrote

Indiana wants me, Lord I cant go back there.

If you remember that you are probably on medicare

fridaycat t1_j5pj75i wrote

Back when that song first came out, my mother had just gotten one of those fm radio/police scanners. She could never get the police scanner to work, because we lived in an unincorporated town with no police department.

This song came on one day, and when she heard the part of the song with sirens, she was convinced it was the scanner. 13 yr old me could not convince her that a police scanner wasn't just police sirens.

HRzNightmare t1_j5py4fp wrote

Regardless of the points, make sure you pay the ticket. Sometimes folks decide not to because they figure they won't be driving there again. I got a ticket in RI many years ago and forgot to pay it (Definitely not on purpose, because I'm certainly going to drive there again.) When I went to renew my CT license they refused to, because my right to operate in RI had been suspended. I had to drive to RI and pay the several year-old ticket before I could renew.

TreeEleben t1_j5qobx1 wrote

So you had to drive illegally in order to be able to drive legally again? Sounds about right for DMV rules.

HRzNightmare t1_j5qqqgy wrote

Right? By that point I was super paranoid, but my license was only suspended in RI. I roped a friend into driving me and bought him lunch.

Overall_Chart8110 OP t1_j5qofhw wrote

I absolutely plan to pay the ticket. Although I'm a little worried because I've received a court date (from Indiana) even though I was only ticketed less than 2 weeks ago. Furthermore, the officer had given me till April to pay as stated on the ticket.

I understand that I broke the law and am willing to pay up for my mistake. However, like most would do, I'm trying to minimize the impact of this ticket on insurance.

sweetjlo t1_j5oyqyn wrote

Found this online. The moving violations they listed that do transfer were all things like DUI, negligence, etc. not speeding tickets.

Also, don’t offer up the information to your insurance company. They rarely, if ever, do a sweep of other states for violations. If they do, it would be the surrounding states.

Connecticut DMV

Each Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is generally the same, but might have specific policies that differ from state to state. Because of this, points for a violation in another state will not transfer to a person’s Connecticut license. However, any moving violation conviction that a person gets out-of-state will be communicated through all 50 states. For example, if you have a moving violation in Florida and you have a Connecticut license, the Florida DMV will contact the Connecticut DMV to inform them of your conviction.

Overall_Chart8110 OP t1_j5p557b wrote

Could you please share the link? Thank you!

Billh491 t1_j5rsgv9 wrote

I got a speeding ticket in AZ a while back and never saw any points on my insurance.

cat_snipe t1_j5w6wy2 wrote

Points will not transfer, but the violation will. It can raise your insurance rates.

Diligent-Froyo546 t1_j5opzk5 wrote

They’ll have to catch you first…”not in Indiana anymore =not my problem”

−6

ZippittyDooBlah t1_j5on61u wrote

Depends. Some states have reciprocating laws, some don't.

Frankly, I wouldn't pay for a speeding ticket from Indiana unless I knew I had to return in less than seven years.

I see no to go to Indiana ever again.

−10

Overall_Chart8110 OP t1_j5onqpl wrote

Unfortunately, not paying the ticket will suspend my CT license according to the DMV.

Gil_V t1_j5ooeuf wrote

Kinda answered your own question there, eh?

ZippittyDooBlah t1_j5oo9k1 wrote

Bummer. They've got reciprocity then.

You'll probably see some points on your license too, but that doesn't always mean higher rates. Some companies will let it slide for the first offense.

NotoriousCFR t1_j5otwtp wrote

Find a traffic ticket lawyer local to IN to at least drop it down to a parking ticket or something. Even with the lawyer fees, still cheaper in the long run than dealing with insurance going up, points on your license, etc.

Halldogau t1_j5oxxjo wrote

This is the answer. There are many companies that will put you in touch with a local lawyer there.

madnessdanz t1_j5ozdre wrote

That's odd.

They must handle tickets differently then tolls?

I know someone who owes Mass so much in tolls, it's not legal to drive in MA for them right now. But their CT license is fine.

stephen_pummel t1_j5p337c wrote

Your license privileges will most likely be suspended in Indiana only. If you don’t have an Indiana license you should have nothing to worry about assuming you don’t get stopped in Indiana again, if you don’t pay.