Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wild-lands OP t1_j63moc1 wrote

The wind was howling relentlessly for several days and nights above the rim of this small lake's basin. Fortunately, the topography did help cut the wind significantly along the shoreline, but man was it still cold standing still in this ice water in the middle of the night trying to find a composition and ensure a sharp long exposure. Actually multiple long exposures, since I stacked the MW. We went in early August and there was still snow on the trail and large chunks of ice floating in the lake!

If you know where this is, then you probably know about the elk incident from a few years ago. We didn't see any indication they were still present, but we still found alternative water sources to be extra safe.

Thanks for stopping by! You can find my full gallery, along with notes about places to check out and photography guides on my website: https://www.wildlandsphoto.com.

AutoModerator t1_j63m00r wrote

Hi wild-lands! Dont worry, this message does not mean that your post is removed. This is a reminder to quickly check your post to make sure it doesnt break any of our rules. Human moderators check the following --

Thanks!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Fast-Ad-9879 t1_j63y0kj wrote

a full starry night with no light pollution never seen one myself but that looks beautiful sir

wild-lands OP t1_j65n1qo wrote

Well thanks, and I sincerely hope you are able to experience a clear, dark night sky without light pollution, it's almost dizzying how many stars you can see!