Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bojun t1_j1zrwpp wrote

It could say it's you, believe it's you and act like you, but your consciousness may not be in it.

Throw_me_a_drone t1_j1ztq9a wrote

Do you know what consciousness is? Is it a spiritual thing or are our bodies just warm flesh bags with electrical functions? If our brain is damaged we could lose any sort of memory, thought, sight, etc. Who’s to say what happens after our bodies parish? I say if I’m on my death bed I’m uploading my consciousness to the mainframe and play some video games for a few decades.

bojun t1_j209nu0 wrote

That is the $64 question isn't it? It's unresolved but if you want to talk of upload as a means of prolonging your existence, it's part of the gamble.

dependswho t1_j1zs7o3 wrote

No. Because being human means having a spiritual body (consciousness), an emotional body, a physical body and the heart-balance between them all.

Pure consciousness would be pure hell for me. I have spent 35 years recovering from the splits and gaps and losses of my essence.

I know many are fine with the loss of these other parts of their selves, but I am heading in a different direction.

s3ri0usJo0s t1_j1zt4l6 wrote

Yep Ive had decades of not having all parts of me in-sync. I'd like tech to work on piecing me together, not carving me up 🤕

Sad-Plan-7458 t1_j200hd0 wrote

Fuck yes, that’s a risk worth the potential outcome. I’m gonna die anyways, why not, could be cool. Considering we are nothing more than a collection of experiences that we assign positive or negative value to. The rest is just breeding science