Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Fromgre t1_j0mnyfx wrote

At what point is the DOD investigating itself?

Some highly classified technology/project that most of the of DOD does not have clearance for.

Test19s t1_j0nan3h wrote

(Imagine Transformers movies where the Autobots and Decepticons really are highly advanced, deep-cover classified projects that even the POTUS isn't aware of)

kylepatel24 t1_j0qad0a wrote

I think theres a big disconnect from the more public side of the government and the military complex. It seems that congress and the pentagon perhaps aren’t too clued in on certain top end classified projects, and have no idea what military contractors may possess, and i think this is creating a concern for them, its a clear divide in authority.

Recently the government were supposed to produce a report on UAP, and they haven’t. Just before the dead line, congress asked all of the government agencies to produce all their UAP related data spanning back to 1945, and the Navy openly denied the request and stated its a matter of national security.

In essence, theres a disconnect here, the individuals in the military complex have classified projects, research based projects most likely, and this data is being denied to congress and henceforth the pentagon.

Recent NDAA 2023 bill was passed and within stated a clause in regards to ‘whistleblower’ protection for individuals with NDAs in any federal government agency and also military contractors employees to give testimony.

“(A) any event relating to unidentified anomalous phenomena; and (B) any activity or program by a department or agency of the Federal Government or a contractor of such a department or agency relating to unidentified anomalous phenomena, including with respect to material retrieval, material analysis, reverse engineering, research and development, detection and tracking, developmental or operational testing, and security protections and enforcement.”

In my opinion they are definitely trying to close this gap of classification between the ‘two sides’, and it may not just be about only UAP/UFOs.

Maujaq t1_j0q7hwt wrote

Right now. There is a reason no other country on earth has the same number of ufo sightings.

It’s not a coincidence that the country with the most military spending annually also has the most uninformed pilots making reports about unknown occurrences.

The personnel are seeing classified military tech. The people who know what’s going on just deny it.

And now you are going to give them more tax dollars to investigate themselves…

DragonfruitOdd1989 OP t1_j0megts wrote

Submission Statement:

> In the past, the type of work AARO is charged with performing now involved only reports of anomalous phenomena that were seen in the air. But that has changed. Now, AARO expects to evaluate anomalous phenomena across all domains. And that means that individuals who operate in those other domains are also free now to file UAP reports. That's something Kirkpatrick said the AARO has been working with the services on.

> "[We're] working with the military departments and the Joint Staff to normalize, integrate and expand UAP reporting beyond the aviators — to all service members — including mariners, submariners and our space Guardians," Kirkpatrick said.

They are now going after underwater and space sightings.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0mki70 wrote

>"Unidentified anomalous phenomena," is anything in space, in the air, on land, in the sea or under the sea that can't be identified, and which might pose a threat to U.S. military installations or operations. 

A physical object is very unlikely, one sent by an intelligent species from another planet even more so

DragonfruitOdd1989 OP t1_j0mm03o wrote

Highly advanced technology in some cases based on the Pentagon media briefing.

https://twitter.com/bryandbender/status/1603863465596276736?s=46&t=jOw3mu_BWaE1x7rBUrNpRg

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0mm5r4 wrote

Still not aliens

−23

DragonfruitOdd1989 OP t1_j0mmjjg wrote

Next years report is mandating information on sightings in space, air and water since 1945 alongside a report on this.

So doesn’t matter what they are at this point. I’m excited to learn about who possess this highly advanced technology.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0mmore wrote

Still not aliens...

−26

VivaRae t1_j0mnih8 wrote

Ok Debbie Downer, jeez they just said they were excited to see who may possess this technology, I bet you’re fun at parties 🙄

Looter629 t1_j0mogsn wrote

Can't wait until it's aliens.

VivaRae t1_j0mpo1p wrote

Me too! They can’t be any worse than some of the humans we’ve got here 😂 or they could and they just destroy us, but then I wouldn’t have to pay bills and deal with depression so that’s a win for me.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0moemy wrote

Look at OP's post history.

Theyre one of those people that posts about aliens all the time then makes "just asking questions" posts to normal tech related subs.

−1

DragonfruitOdd1989 OP t1_j0mow60 wrote

It’s brand new information being released after 80 years. “It’s not aliens” is just a silly statement. The US DOD can’t rule it out.

https://twitter.com/bryandbender/status/1603860633807716352?s=46&t=jOw3mu_BWaE1x7rBUrNpRg

https://twitter.com/bryandbender/status/1603864498967814144?s=46&t=jOw3mu_BWaE1x7rBUrNpRg

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0mpbsn wrote

Still not aliens tho.

It's been 60 years of "they're about to disclose aliens"...

It ain't happening

−1

DragonfruitOdd1989 OP t1_j0mpp9o wrote

It doesn’t matter if they are aliens someone possesses highly advanced technology since 1945.

LogicalPsychosis t1_j0mre9a wrote

How are you sure though?

AConcernedParent t1_j0n2pe2 wrote

An absence of evidence is not evidence.

LogicalPsychosis t1_j109y70 wrote

Correct. But he is claiming it's not. As if it's a fact. You and I are on the same wavelength.

I have no vested interest in whether or not it is. But I find hypocrisy in someone claiming that it's not aliens as if it's fact when we can't rule it out. There is too much that we don't know and the same can probably be said for the DoD. There is too much that they don't know for them to make a definitive statement on what it is.But I'm sure they'd like to know.

kylepatel24 t1_j0q7s12 wrote

Clearly there are more reports, more government interest, more military interest, more intelligence interest, more university interest, the list goes on and on, never before has there been this much of a effort for UAP.

Plexiglasssmartphone t1_j0qs8vr wrote

Lmao. Peak ignorance and arrogance. This is why our world is so slow. People like you

neverfearIamhere t1_j0mpm0p wrote

As if you can't post on Reddit asking questions to pique peoples interest.

Thanks Karen.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j0mqc2n wrote

There's 100s of alien subs...

That's where this stuff belongs.

−3

VivaRae t1_j0mpgkc wrote

I looked and it seems like they’re just really into aliens, but I see what you’re saying in terms of posting in the Futurology sub, so my bad, sorry for dunking on ya. This probably should go in the alien subs I guess. I admire their curiosity though, I don’t think it’s aliens either, but I kind of wish it was, I’m sick of humans.

FuturologyBot t1_j0mjmt7 wrote

The following submission statement was provided by /u/DragonfruitOdd1989:

Submission Statement:

> In the past, the type of work AARO is charged with performing now involved only reports of anomalous phenomena that were seen in the air. But that has changed. Now, AARO expects to evaluate anomalous phenomena across all domains. And that means that individuals who operate in those other domains are also free now to file UAP reports. That's something Kirkpatrick said the AARO has been working with the services on.

> "[We're] working with the military departments and the Joint Staff to normalize, integrate and expand UAP reporting beyond the aviators — to all service members — including mariners, submariners and our space Guardians," Kirkpatrick said.

They are now going after underwater and space sightings.

Please reply to OP's comment here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/zoea8w/dod_office_moving_ahead_in_mission_to_identify/j0megts/

ghostisnakeleg t1_j0q618w wrote

Makes sense for the DOD to take this over. Could be anything and everything from UAP's to human stealth tech to Quantum ZPE.

nolo_me t1_j0qchs7 wrote

Unidentified anomalous phenomena are also a threat to your tongue.