Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Aggravating-Bee-5163 t1_j3qkq4k wrote

Start by doing some career research. There are many websites like careerexplorer.com to get started. I would not recommend investing in study abroad if you have no goals àt all.

Fair-Manner778 OP t1_j3qlb9e wrote

I just wanna focus on making some money as soon as possible because of my personal situation Anyways thanks 👍

makeroniear t1_j3qtduk wrote

u/aggravating-bee-5163 gave you solid advice! Please don’t dismiss it. By doing your research you can look at future employment trends in countries you might want to live in after you graduate, including India, and narrow by regions if you want to get granular. You can also learn about the salary or different occupations as well as how much education is needed to get to your target salary range or to just even enter the profession, how the salary has changed over time (rising with inflation or not) and what colleges you could or should apply to.

You can also ask your network if you don’t want to do any research first but you should still follow that with research! Where did X person go to college and is that why they are making so much money? When did they start really making money? Was it worth it and would they do it again? What college did they attend and are there others they would have liked to consider? Ask a million questions. Curiosity is what will make you successful, not the arrogance of dismissing quality advice.

Argonoautic t1_j3qnule wrote

Research investing. Stock market. Go to business school. Business finance and economics.

−3

ltong1009 t1_j3qqrb4 wrote

Yes, college. But in preparation, ask people if you can do a shadow day at their work. Much easier to get and less commitment than an internship. It is eye opening to every student that I’ve ever had shadow me. It’s a very underutilized learning tool.

Arentanji t1_j3qt1jo wrote

I don’t know what it is like in Delhi. And I don’t know your personal situation. So my advice is worth what you are paying for it.

If you have a nest egg from your family that has been earmarked for school, be sure to discuss with them how you are considering using it.

You can attempt to place the money in the market and grow it, but you could also lose your nest egg that way. It is a risk / reward question. To quantify the risk and reward, ask to see the annual reports on how this nest egg was gathered and how it has grown. We are facing a dynamic international situation, with inflationary pressure from Ukraine / Russia and a weird employment environment. Even typically “safe” investments will have increased risk. Do your own research before you invest.

You should research the cost and benefit of a college degree in Delhi and abroad. Look into the risks of culture shock as well. Once you leave home, it may be expensive or difficult to return, and that can negatively impact your studies. I had a friend move across the country for a scholarship and he had to drop out because he could not adjust to the new environment quickly enough.

If you are unclear on what to study, do some shadowing of people in your areas of interest. Discover how their day goes and what they deal with. Do research on the potential income, and also check the local job market for positions and what they actually pay. I’ve seen reports claiming average starting salaries in the 6 figures, but when you look at the job boards, nothing pays over mid 5. The reports are skewed by the high cost of living cities, and other locations are different.

Hope this helps

dumpitdog t1_j3rgifw wrote

I went to college, got great degrees in engineering and science, made bundles of money, traveled all over the world. But I knew nothing of money, business and getting wealthy so it was not a true success story. Now 30 later, I wish I would have picked up a 1-2 year business degree, went into programming and partnered in a business. If you need money now and we are desperate for staff in so many areas you might hold off on college and get the immediate problem off your back.