Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Bronson2017 t1_iw0ydgo wrote

Interviewed for a job earlier this week that I believe I am pretty under qualified for. It was a panel interview in front of 8 people. I killed it.

Regardless if I get it or not I am so proud of myself for even attempting. Was a big confidence booster.

NoMoKraTo t1_iw28qgq wrote

Hey friend, I also had an "aim high" interview this week. Also killed it. And then I had to crank out two projects for them in an unreasonably short amount of time (48 hours). Instead of trying to manage my stress and trying to be creative with 8 beers and then ambien at the end of the night, I made a plan in my head, did the work as best I could, had a little creative magic happen and turned in something I was reasonably proud of.

Good luck to you! Let us know if you wind up getting the job.

HelpfulLime3856 t1_iw2cwl5 wrote

If you're scared to do it, do it scared. Once you learn that the world opens up to you.

enduring_student t1_iw49cb1 wrote

'If you're scared to do it, do it scared.' I like that. You have to be careful how you use the idea, but it's still a good concept.

gnied777 t1_iw0ctfy wrote

Exactly what I needed to see at the moment. Going on a date with a gorgeous woman tonight, so naturally, I feel nervous along with some doubt.

dare_dick t1_iw1xeu1 wrote

Don't think of it as a date. Think of it as a dinner with a long time friend that you haven't seen for a long time.

gnied777 t1_iw21v12 wrote

Date went amazingly, nailed the pull-in and kiss at the end when dropping her off at her door.

Dezond t1_iw08ja1 wrote

Paralyzed by fear but I still want the adventure…

smartiedude t1_iw05zrk wrote

Fuck fear. Trust your gut.

BigBossWesker4 t1_iw07ewx wrote

My gut has yet to let me down

tibblth t1_iw0wclq wrote

Flexing like someone whose gut has never let out an obnoxiously loud gurgle during a super tense and long pause in a meeting

Kagir t1_iw1z5xf wrote

Tried that and unwittingly got into a toxic relationship that took a few years to escape from. Since then not trusting my gut anymore, even if it prevents any good from happening.

smartiedude t1_iw23fih wrote

Why did it take so long to escape?

Kagir t1_iw23h2o wrote

I was too much of a fool to think I could actually salvage it.

guru_florida t1_iw18le9 wrote

So I guess I’m moving to Poland then. I usually skip over these but this one hit close to the ❤️

weaslewig t1_iw204ip wrote

Its for a girl isn't it

guru_florida t1_iw4szsf wrote

Kind of, but I married her 15 years ago. She wants to go back for a few years which is cool but I'm very concerned she's going to stay...with the kids. Legally I'm screwed if..., but maybe it'll work out and be a great adventure.

RichmondMilitary t1_iw2mdn4 wrote

It's not bad, especially if you're still working in the US. The US dollar travels very far here

CausticSofa t1_iw3hdd4 wrote

Poland was actually surprisingly beautiful. They have lots of great nature spaces even in the city parks. There are definitely downsides and the cultural sadness is weird to get used to, but it’s still an adventure and we should always think carefully before saying no to adventure.

Which city would you move to?

guru_florida t1_iw77lrw wrote

Torun was my favorite place but it's getting busy with tourists, Zakopane also. Weiliczka salt mine was incredible! I have noticed the cultural sadness too. I worry my kids might catch that but for now they are excited to be there. I am an adventurous kind so I appreciate your words! We'll be just east of Warsaw.

CausticSofa t1_iw8d0ya wrote

Nice. If you get the chance, I recommend Wrocław, too. The little gnomes all over town are adorable and such a fun, publicly-driven art project.

guru_florida t1_iw8o485 wrote

I've heard of that :) I'll probably make it there at some point since the company I work for here in the US (remotely) actually has an office there.

tnuc_nekat_emanresU t1_iw4d08v wrote

If you do, then you NEED to go the polish markets and buy loads of cheap cherries and other berries, also, you have to try different pickles fresh from the market. They are lovely! And much better than the trashy store bought ones.
I never actually dared buy normal storebought ones, because i have heard such bad about them. I only buy pickles from store if they are polish, and the polish cashier recommend them.

Nikson9 t1_iw239po wrote

as a pole, pls don’t

guru_florida t1_iw7c5ed wrote

I know your population just grew by like 15% in 10 months but what's one more? :)

eklect t1_iw09d4x wrote

Agreed. Except, don't have kids with the crazy bitch.

Gideon_Effect t1_iw19wc3 wrote

Living a safe predictable life will get you just that. I have failed at many things in my life and those safe people like to bring it up but i respond by saying at-least I tried thats more than you have done.

wsdpii t1_iw2gh66 wrote

There's nothing wrong with wanting a safe, predictable life. It can be very fulfilling. Not for everyone though

GabrielVonBabriel t1_iw0gv8o wrote

This reminds me of a quote from the Bloody Nine-fingers in Joe Abercrombie’s novels: “it’s better to do it, than live with the fear of it”. Helped me out through the years.

Maxurai t1_iw1kihc wrote

I needed this! Possibly gonna quit my stable job at the end of this year to be a electrician apprentice.

KbbbbNZ t1_iw18qhp wrote

I was just starting to second guess myself on a decision. Thank you for this.

theweebluedevil t1_iw1mgmc wrote

Traveling to another country to start a new job. I needed this.

anonymosh t1_iw1n8ch wrote

Fail we may. Sail we must.

DaSaladMan t1_iw1yprh wrote

For people in toxic relationships, this is not the sign you're looking for telling you to stay. Get out.

jlglosson t1_iw02joi wrote

Thank you for this.

zgf2022 t1_iw1c9jp wrote

Starting a new job Monday that's different than any I've ever had, fingers crossed

tylodon t1_iw1k90f wrote

Find the biggest guy on the first day and just kick his ass immediately. No one will stab you after that.

InvaderFM t1_iw1xsha wrote

Exactly what I need right now. I just started a medical youtube channel and I feel extremely excited but also full of fear. Everyone is going to critique me but... Fuck it.

akhtoni t1_iw0j8ol wrote

Worst thing ever, when you know that it's won't work but you continue your adventure to see how stupid you are

FlySergeant t1_iw1evux wrote

It totally didn’t work out. But it was a pretty good adventure…

tylodon t1_iw1k46r wrote

What I say whenever I try a new show on Netflix

jellysquat t1_iw21zii wrote

I love another way of wording this:

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

throwMiseryaway t1_iw2bjmv wrote

Yep that's what keeps me moving . An Adventure towards Hope.

Ummarz t1_iw0qtdb wrote

Seen many ways to say this but this one has to be my favorite so far. Gonna pin it to my wall

DanielFoxy1999 t1_iw2l7us wrote

I almost got kicked out of my school for following this advice

Keep backups of chats with people you don't know that well guys

TheRoadOfDeath t1_iw2p816 wrote

"Hold my beer" translated into eat pray love

CausticSofa t1_iw3i4q5 wrote

Thank you. This is helping me reframe my last relationship, which I’ve been looking back on lately with deep regret. At least I had a huge adventure; maybe he was always just meant to be my wheelman.

SadPatient28 t1_iw16oc8 wrote

this makes me sad... "maybe it wont work out"???

tingledpickle t1_iw220r6 wrote

It just might be the best thing that's happened to me

polytopey t1_iw27byz wrote

But maybe confirming it doesn't will be the best adventure ever.

Veiran t1_iw2zgvb wrote

Fuck around and find out

mrncpotts t1_iw4esn7 wrote

Yeah this one is reserved for people with money and resources. Normal people fear consequences of risks because they can’t afford them

JesterRaiin t1_iw6omal wrote

Or maybe, you're going to be so scared and traumatized on the way, that the success won't matter?

Zyxoxyz t1_iw0s5y5 wrote

such bullshit

punio4 t1_iw1sp73 wrote

Time to do all kinds of irresponsible and illegal shit!

s-dai t1_iw2c0ga wrote

Or it’ll be super traumatizing but people will just keep on telling you you gotta do it and you’ll just retraumatize yourself again and again because people would rather believe positive bullshit than actually feel compassion.

TheRealMicrowaveSafe t1_iw2febt wrote

Sounds like something a Darwin Award winner says 5 minutes beforehand.

captinherb t1_iw359z2 wrote

That's how I wound up at the proctologist

loco64 t1_iw3l527 wrote

This is a horrible motivational quote

−1

james_buz t1_iw10yw5 wrote

You should know if you don't it's over

−2

ThatWasTheJawn t1_iw2mkcu wrote

MFW it doesn’t work out and I’ve wasted time instead of just dying.

−2

feefiefofum t1_iw2nop6 wrote

Maybe I will try cocaine

−2

Nevermemory t1_iw2wvjw wrote

What if it isn't working out, seeing if it does is like sitting by someone's deathbed and watching their breathing grow weaker until they draw their last breath.

−2