Submitted by nuricoolyo t3_yxgb3o in Hartford

Hi! I will be relocating to Hartford in early 2023 and was looking for some recommendations for where to live. I’m looking for atleast 2 bedrooms, no budget and preferably an apartment but if anyone has recommendations for house rental agents I would appreciate that too! I will be working in enfield and so will need to commute. Someone told me west Hartford was the best place to live, but I’ve also looked at 777 Main Street. Any recommendations would be so helpful!

(Also any tips etc would be helpful too-I’ve never been to CT before)

Thankyou!!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cold_Willingness726 t1_iwpnx4o wrote

I have a home in Hartford and I'm a big advocate of the city. I think it's great you are considering living here. If you are a young professional you may like Bigelow Commons in Enfield. Normally I don't direct people away from the city but if you are working in Enfield it's worth taking a look. Enfield is also about halfway between Springfield and Hartford so you have some options for weekends.

Cutlasss t1_iwq1atu wrote

I would live a lot closer to Enfield if that's where you are working. It will be much less expensive. West Hartford would be a bad idea travel wise.

CompetitiveYak2311 t1_iwolsz7 wrote

777 Main is nice, check out the Colt Factory apartments . Really cool, historic and quieter than downtown

singalong37 t1_iwprdsn wrote

If working in Enfield, Conn, you’re right on the Mass line. Springfield, Mass, will give you an urban atmosphere comparable to Hartford and much closer to work. Neither city is the best but both have walkable cores, restaurants, apartments.

FalcosLiteralyHitler t1_iwqk2ax wrote

If you want terrible commutes live on Hartford or West Hartford lol, move somewhere closer to Enfield in MA or CT

Lilcoqui17 t1_iyevua6 wrote

Do not move to 50 Morgan Street in Hartford (please google) But there’s some new apartments in downtown if that’s in your budget. The West End is also a nice area. I’m happy to answer questions. I love the city and while I’m not happy about gentrification, I welcome any new residents that appreciate the arts and rich culture we have.

Lilcoqui17 t1_iyewe9n wrote

I also took a look at your profile. There’s several halal markets in Bloomfield and Windsor. West Hartford has kosher food. Windsor has a Mosque on white rock road and a nice Muslim community. I’m Christian but they’ve always been loving and made me feel welcome.

Lilcoqui17 t1_iyew2yp wrote

And I used to live in West Hartford. The commute is horrible no matter where you go. East of the river (East Hartford, Glastonbury, Manchester) is also a nightmare just like West Hartford and Farmington. The buses also run frequently depending on where you move. Bloomfield and Windsor also surround Hartford and will have traffic.