Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Donohoed t1_jegchav wrote

So how should i light it?

dexidrone t1_jegf6cr wrote

Multiple light sources. Ambient/indirect lighting is best. Also high color temperature lights can strain the eyes. That's just my opinion though.

CruisinJo214 t1_jegeog4 wrote

I recently set up Phillips Hue adjustable lights and it’s a game changer. I’ve got different scenes for different moods. Watching tv, dim lights with an amber or blue glow. Working or cleaning and it’s bright white. I love having adjustable lighting, plus I’ve set it up with Alexa so it’s all voice controlled… turning on and off lights from bed is bliss

Hylian-Loach t1_jegt831 wrote

I’m currently adding dual white led strips to all my rooms. They’re controlled by Home Assistant on my home server. There’s a script that runs that is constantly assigning color temperature and brightness based on the sun. So when I turn on my lights in the middle of the day, they’re full bright daylight. At night they slowly ramp down brightness and warm up as the sun sets. When I turn on my tv the strips that cause reflections turn off and the other strips dim. I can still control them with a switch or my voice, but ideally they just do what I want automatically. It’s great so far

deezx1010 t1_jegv1mg wrote

I hope and pray to marry somebody like you who thinks up the little stuff to improve the entire mood.

FitMomMarMar t1_jegxqlp wrote

I did and can report that is in in fact, awesome. Initially I teased him (incessantly yet flirtatiously) about the red lights he had come on in the evening and into the night. Now I think it’s weird when I go somewhere and the lights only go on/off in only one color 😂

flowerpanes t1_jegsbwh wrote

So, I have tried something for the past year or so and after 8:30 pm or so I try to have whatever room I am in as dim as possible. That means keeping any mobile devices on night setting, sitting as far away from a bright light source as possible and using a salt lamp nightlight in the bedroom instead of a reading lamp by the bed. As a result, I find myself falling asleep much faster and sleeping deeper than I would otherwise. In effect, simulating a long period of twilight instead of abruptly going from a brightly lit living room into a dark bedroom to sleep. It’s really helped me overall, I have to say.

ball_of_curls t1_jeh30l0 wrote

So true! I have an office room and use it to do work or grad school hw. It receives amazing light during the day but at night the lighting is terrible due to the fan light being behind me. I bought this light from IKEA and omg, it’s been amazing. I place it right above my desk. It’s so good, I even turn off the fan light. Color of lighting matters. I don’t do well with yellow for productivity but it’s a great tone right before bed.

keepthetips t1_jegbwsi wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

redditshy t1_jeh4r9z wrote

Yes and this is a constant incompatibility in my household.