Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wrongseeds t1_jdwtvfq wrote

Or just buy a cheap bag of earring backs from a hobby shop.

kimmyorjimmy OP t1_jdwuflh wrote

Great idea to have extras on hand! I have a couple pairs of earrings with screw backs or unique backs, so maybe this is more of a specialty earring tip. :)

adgjl65 t1_jdxga35 wrote

I’d be happier if it were only the backs I’ve dropped (and then spent hours looking for). 😬

NotEasilyConfused t1_jdwvvnq wrote

... but not over the sink!

CheeseMakingMom t1_jdww87m wrote

LPT: close the sink drain when you insert earrings over the sink.

LPT: place a dry washcloth or other small towel in the sink when you insert earrings over the sink.

abx99 t1_jdx5r9z wrote

I seem to remember my mother closing the drain and pouring a little water in the sink when putting her contacts in when I was a kid for that reason

RJFerret t1_jdy92yk wrote

If you do drop on a floor, hold your phone's light low to the floor like a setting sun so it casts a long shadow, will be easy to find.

keepthetips t1_jdwoyxe wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

BaldBear_13 t1_jdwp9mg wrote

Relevant problem, but things bounce off the table, especially the round ones that can roll. I would recommend doing it over a bed, or at least over a towel.