Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MK41144 t1_iu6x0uo wrote

But if you use it for everything, isn't it actually your "real" e-mail? 🤔

flowerpanes t1_iu8wypy wrote

I have a 22 year old Hotmail account I use for everything from online shopping to emails for friends that could potentially pass on viruses. Huge amount of storage, great spam filter and it’s been great for filtering out shit sent by third parties when that email address has been sold on. So it’s worked really fantastically for me-all family matters, legal, etc go through a different family email that is based on our internet provider and can be accessed by either my husband or myself.

InTheEndEntropyWins t1_iu8f8y7 wrote

It's such a pain in the ass having to manage different email accounts. I wish I just had one account.

Aragona36 OP t1_iu8g7bb wrote

I don't manage the spam account. At best, if I use it to purchase something I track the transaction until it is complete. Usually I have 100s of spam by then that did not hit my real email and I might delete them if I feel like it. That's the extent of the management I do.

keepthetips t1_iu6fapm wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

computer-machine t1_iuiyoun wrote

.... I have one Gmail for my work phone, another for my above specific types of things, another for my server to email itself notifications, and a general junk. Updated to also have another for "my" "phone" (Voice account and app data syncs).

xLoafery t1_iuak23z wrote

in addition to this: use the +trick to see who is leaking/selling your information...