Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j1xooaq wrote

Well obviously you don’t paint it, I can tell you that much.

Anonynous2206 t1_j1xkp19 wrote

Usually you just unscrew the alarm and there is a compartment for the battery. Try twisting the smoke detector/fire alarm and pulling it off.

rededelk t1_j1xm0c2 wrote

Given that it is indeed battery powered, grip the outside and spin CCW, usually a 9v battery. Some can be on ac, of which I had 15 some, I just get a pro in on that situation

LankyEmergency7992 t1_j1z1y52 wrote

Most AC alarms these days have batteries for when the power goes out.

rededelk t1_j1z8t6n wrote

Yah had a 92 series Detroit tied to 500kw Kohler gen. head. That took care of that. I've had crappy experience with simplex and would recommend everyone stay away. But yes I installed ups on all critical plc's and computers. I also reprogrammed the Kohler main frame to run gen power for 30 minutes, mainly because of osprey building nests and cutting out my 3 phase power and blowing fuses - not fun. That's a call to fish and game and my power company

keepthetips t1_j1xglku wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

CompletelyPuzzled t1_j1z6m6p wrote

How old is it? Some of the newer ones you don't replace the battery. They just have batteries meant to last the life of the detector (10 years.)