Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SweetDove t1_ja6bkbk wrote

Please also make sure they have a normal tag too. I've found 4 dogs over the last bit with airtags but no other contact info so I have no way to return them home.

JemJemIsHerName OP t1_ja6bzls wrote

That’s a good point! All of mine have both! If someone finds your pet they should know how to contact you!

Tribblehappy t1_ja6dd0m wrote

Yah I don't know how airtags work but nobody in my house used apple products so if we found a dog, a regular tag would help.

JubJub4ever t1_ja7fmvn wrote

The AirTag has NFC, if you hold your phone on one it should display the information(phone number and so) of the Apple User. Don’t know if this also works with Android devices.

jericon t1_ja6zbb9 wrote

Doesn’t work well if you have big dogs that play hard.

AirTag went missing. Found in poop from other dog.

sherazala t1_ja6r1ju wrote

What if you don't have Apple?

Jess_the_Siren t1_ja6tta9 wrote

You can still track one, you just have to make an account with Apple when you register it

KaleidoscopeThis9463 t1_ja7i2yl wrote

There’s also a tag called Byte Tag that’s relatively inexpensive ($10) to buy and the service is free. It works all around the world. They put a QR code and a URL onto the tag that can be scanned by whoever finds your dog. As soon as they do, you get a notification with their GPS coordinates and they get whatever info you’ve allowed shared like phone number, health info, instructions if found, etc. No batteries etc. It works great.

keepthetips t1_ja6akpn wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Hamsterpatty t1_ja7rtbs wrote

Oh no! Removed? I wanted to read the rest!