Submitted by johnhopiler t3_11a8tru in MachineLearning

Let's assume for a minute one has:

• the necessary compute instances
  • enough $ to cough up to rent those instances somewhere

What are the latest "easy" solutions to get optbloomzand flan-t5hosted as API endpoints?

I spent about 2 weeks trying to get seldon-core and MLServer to work with its huggingface wrapper. But I've lost hope at this point. There are so many parameters and tweaks one has to be mindful of and I feel like I'm behaving like a very crude operating system replacement when I pass a device_mapto a python function to tell it how much ram to use for what instance. In what world can MS 95 manage 4 DIM DDR rams but in 2023, we cannot auto-assign model data to the right GPUs?

So. What's the "right way" to do this? I am aware of

Any pointers would be appreciated. We have a goal to get 2-3 models up and running as API endpoints in 2 weeks and I have a lot of ppl waiting for me to get this done...

​

Edit:

I am talking about self hosted solutions where the inference input & output is "under your control"

​

Edit:

What about a K8S + Ray Cluster + alpa.ai? It feels like the most industrialised version of all the things I've seen so far after reading up on ray (which feels like a spark cluster for ML)

Comments