Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

nauticalfiesta t1_jau08lx wrote

Next post is one of the cruisers high centered on it.

Ayuh-Nope t1_jaueylg wrote

I took a selfie with the pole on a Saturday morning. Later that day, someone hit it.

Booksonly666 t1_jauj4cm wrote

Can someone explain this to me as someone who is on this sub purely to admire one of the most beautiful states in the country but has 0 local knowledge?

Coffee-FlavoredSweat t1_jau0rtz wrote

I bet the sign never gets hit when there’s so much snow around it.

The large visual indication of “can’t drive here” is what drivers need to avoid the pole; most hit is because they’re cutting the corner when the pole is lost in their blind spot.

If Walmart were to build up the area with a raised island and curbing you’d never see the pole get hit again.

Inevitable-Ad-6952 t1_jav2mfy wrote

Step 1 - Avoid any and all Wal-marts. Step 2 - Avoid Auburn. Step 3 - Live a healthy happy life

RelationshipBig2798 t1_javmrze wrote

Maybe if they enforced the line of cars taking up the entire fire lane people wouldnt be smashing that sign. Easily the worst Walmart in the state. The parking lot is like a scene out of a mad max movie. Inside always a issue somewhere. The only walmart in Maine that can't figure out how to get their self check out to accept cash.

BrewersWife13 t1_javvobd wrote

I've only been in Maine for 2 years and this has to be the funniest ongoing story I've heard so far. One day, I'll have to visit this stop sign and hope I don't hit it.

GraniteGeekNH t1_javyx08 wrote

A general rule: The smaller the city, the more clever the police department's social media.