Submitted by Casetea t3_ygr407 in Maine

https://preview.redd.it/p2y5qeqegsw91.jpg?width=827&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f6c4cbec03641b9001033f8bd7936c8cf5b072ac

Hi all, I posted in r/Maine a couple weeks back searching for an old analog photo booth (working chemicals in B&W) and was disappointed to learn that no one knows of one and most of these old photo booths get replaced by digital. These photo booths are very difficult to find nowadays and extremely rare to run into one that is still functioning as these were popularized in the late 1920's.

NOMAD - Pizzeria specializing in wood-fired oven style that just opened this summer in Brunswick located in the old Fort Andross mill antique building - has an old photo booth!

I highly recommend the pizza and atmosphere is great for family, date night, lunch etc (Love the music in there). I have yet to visit and see the photo booth but I have been there for the pizza :)

And if you're wondering what the big deal is -- Compared to the digital photo booths commonly spotted these days, the old analog booths are not just some fancy portable printer but a machine with noticeable difference in quality, functioning parts, use of real photo developing chemicals, and a memorable piece of 100+ year old technology. It takes several minutes for the picture to come out rather than the seconds it takes to print digitally but there's just something magical about it. Over time these booths will become more and more rare due to the cost of maintenance, lack of specialized repairmen, etc.

Check it out if you have some time 5/5⭐️ lets all appreciate the dying art of vintage photo booths while it's around and create a special memory with the people you love.

Here is a link to my Original Post

Comments