Submitted by heavymetaltshirt t3_10xwc7a in Maine

Hey all, I’d like to subscribe to the Press Herald, but I’m deeply annoyed that there is no good app for it. I have found the one that will give me headlines, but it’s not the full content. For context, I will access it from my phone most of the time.

I’ve subscribed in the past, and it was such a pain. It would prompt me to log in every time I clicked on an article link, which became cumbersome.

Is there a tool you use? If you subscribe to the PPH, do you have any tips?

I know it’s not everyone’s favorite news source. I have reasons that I want to subscribe.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheBookShopOfBF t1_j7upj1u wrote

Yeah, the experience is as you describe. Generally, I read it on my laptop and the experience is mostly fine. And then I get the Sunday physical paper, which I still enjoy, though it gets smaller all the time.

On the phone, I log in basically every time I click through. Not ideal. But I generally don't like reading on my phone anyway.

People tell me that the e-paper product on a tablet is a good experience. Much better than just a pdf. But that's not my jam.

Existing_Bat1939 t1_j7uqsw4 wrote

I've noticed the login not sticking well in various browsers recently; it's very annoying.

Beyond that, I either read the physical paper or use a regular browser. I rarely open the ePaper app on desktop or phone.

MaineGal2022 t1_j7v3782 wrote

I got an email from the paper a couple of days ago saying there was a problem with the login (having to re-login all the time). They are trying to fix it but I am still having problems, so obviously it isn't solved yet.

UseThisOne2 t1_j7ujotv wrote

There is on the Apple App Store a Press Herald e-paper app. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/press-herald-epaper/id1473801259

heavymetaltshirt OP t1_j7uk5bb wrote

It’s just a pdf of the paper?

UseThisOne2 t1_j7uum67 wrote

I don’t know the format. It is the full printed edition with clickable links to Go to Page at the end of each article. It is readable as is on the app or can be downloaded (which I have not done).