Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Runnah5555 t1_j8rgxvi wrote

I would rather eat broken glass than try to design a mural by committee.

OurWhoresAreClean t1_j8s031t wrote

Haha, the statement by the artist in that article sounds like it's being read at gunpoint, like in a hostage video.

"The Native American woman figure wears the clothing I had originally planned for her," --grimace--"before our original model expressed a desire to wear her spiritually significant garments."

Masked gunman gestures with gun, indicating that she continue

"And of course, we changed the young girl who was kneeling so that her pose is now reminiscent of..." --breathes deeply, trying to summon the strength-- "Colin Kaepernick. I hope this is useful.”

Antnee83 t1_j8sl0jw wrote

> I hope this is useful.

I speak corporate, and my effing WORD is this some concentrated passive aggressive energy

gamertag0311 t1_j8s074x wrote

Ridiculous. I feel for the artists, and that's a big step for me lol.

Sufficient_Risk1684 t1_j8rq6zj wrote

Colin Kaepernick has what to do with Maine?

Also that banjo player...lol

Cougardoodle t1_j8rjwvf wrote

"Jerry, stop rocking out and grab that safety rope!"

svengoalie t1_j8vecch wrote

At a certain point you just paint some alewives swimming and call it a day.

pineconehedgehog t1_j8vf8us wrote

I really wish the article explained what the criticisms were. The differences between the two versions are lost on me. And there is way more diversity in either version than I experienced growing up there. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet a black person until I was in high school. There were probably a total of 6 POC at Mt. Ararat while I was there and they were mostly Navy brats.

I get that representation matters, especially in Maine since it is rife with casual racism. But Maine is super white, and I know that has changed in some parts of the state. But even Brunswick is still super white.

TarantinoFan23 t1_j94a6xe wrote

Don't have a white person at all. No people. Just bears. Black bears.... Fuck