Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Monkeycrunk t1_j7vmb9u wrote

Everyone out there saying they “can’t live without a numpad”, and you’re over here with 40% keebs that still have numpads. Love it!

RogueTF2 OP t1_j7vmyw1 wrote

I love me a southpaw numpad. My one "normal" board is an ext65 lmao.

Seirin-Blu t1_j7vpzo1 wrote

What they also don’t know is that you can make a separate numpad (I did!)

CotswoldP t1_j7vqcqn wrote

Can you recommend a numberpad kit? Having just gone TKL I do occasionally miss the old numpad for data entry.

Seirin-Blu t1_j7vrdby wrote

I use a 4x4 pad as my numpad. I made this one out of a bm16a PCB and designed the case to match my other 40s.

Not really sure if that’s something you’re looking for but there are plenty of dedicated numpads that look more like a regular keyboard numpad.

helmsmagus t1_j7wdsbu wrote

Murphpad, if you can solder.

CotswoldP t1_j7wj3zz wrote

Been a while but looking forward to dusting off the iron. Thanks for the recommendation.

I saw someone post this this other day and it never clicked until recently. You can get away with out an numpad on a TKL!

https://preview.redd.it/wmu2m4ww7bha1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=1a17e78280784615c31667cb21cbff880785711c

−1

CotswoldP t1_j7xjkdb wrote

I saw that. To be honest I’m not sure how to reprogram my keyboard or if it’s even possible as it’s not got VIA. Also I’m planning on building a split keyboard soon so this is practice 😊

JimMorrisonWeekend t1_j7yser2 wrote

Everyone? This sub is downright discriminatory against ten-key enjoyers

−1

wayduh t1_j7vn854 wrote

Beautiful stuff 😎

AutoModerator t1_j7vlwor wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progressm or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

gankindustries t1_j7wa98y wrote

Any chance we could get a rundown of what each of them are?

RogueTF2 OP t1_j7wbld8 wrote

There are pieces of paper with details of each board in the picture.

RocketLeagueChad t1_j7x6qks wrote

Bottom keycaps are so great I was about to buy them but then I looked at the price

RogueTF2 OP t1_j7x8cfl wrote

Fbasic tends to sell for like 40-50 on aftermarkets, maybe you can find some for cheap?

funny9uy t1_j80xcwu wrote

Nice Milktruck!

Onionizer42 t1_j7yv6gd wrote

"my keyboard has nothing but letters on it" *types letters just fine*

−3

RogueTF2 OP t1_j7z69qj wrote

I know where all of my punctuation and symbols are and don't need to move my hands across the board to access them them. My typing gets worse on a regular board because I need to move my arms more. I remember my layouts and don't have issues with them, I make them work for me. It comes as easy as holding Shift to type a capital letter.

What's your excuse?

Dainternetdude t1_j7zg4aw wrote

100% users coping

−1

Onionizer42 t1_j7zway2 wrote

I think you misunderstand, my gripe is with ops title not with 40% boards.

You can type 130 word per minute because your board has a key for each letter just like any other layout. It's not suboptimal for typing, its the same. It is however suboptimal at everything else, because it doesn't have the keys for that.

−1

Dainternetdude t1_j80rscx wrote

Perhaps I misunderstand, can you explain in what sort of situations it is sub-optimal?