Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

emenelopee t1_ja52rkw wrote

Shout out to the battleships. This is glorious. Tell me about your find. Where and how?

[deleted] t1_ja53w0l wrote

[deleted]

SpaceCadet2000 t1_ja885or wrote

> I feel bad about using it

With those pad printed keycaps, I can imagine. Does Unicomp have replacement caps for those?

[deleted] t1_ja89k6t wrote

[deleted]

SpaceCadet2000 t1_ja8bwg5 wrote

> The G and H keys are also shaped differently than standard ones to make room for the trackpoint.

I've heard the EnduraPro keycaps should fit, but it seems they stopped selling it, and I can't find the keycaps for it on their store either.

Dave-Alvarado t1_ja5740t wrote

Does the mouse nubby work?

[deleted] t1_ja57vy9 wrote

[deleted]

saltyreddrum t1_ja76bp8 wrote

Look around for a driver or mouse config tool for the trackpoint. They are out there. It works great in modern OS’s. Good keeb, I have one too.

pabloescobyte t1_ja65p3u wrote

Never been a fan of the TrackPoint but this is an absoutely beautiful piece of technology that I'd be happy to have on my desk.

BTW why so many MacBooks over on the right?

[deleted] t1_ja67ce9 wrote

[deleted]

spencerlivvy t1_ja6ujbz wrote

Do you play games via your docking station? I see you have Steam installed and pinned so just curious about how the docking station effects game performance?

akshay2000 t1_ja7m50t wrote

Multiple work laptops? Member of r/overemployed?

K0A0 t1_ja6y52k wrote

God I wish I could find one of those still, or that I could buy them from Unicomp

brettsolem t1_ja54r7e wrote

Beautiful! So beautiful!

Kbopbopbop t1_ja5q77n wrote

I've wanted one of these for years. Extreme jealousy

AutoModerator t1_ja4w0hr wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Larx-44 t1_ja6z4zy wrote

The things I'd do to get those keycaps for my F77...

Looks so nice.

incrediblynormalpers t1_ja7eo5x wrote

oh wow this is a nice find i would have loved one of these a few years ago

s1ckn3s5 t1_ja7jwm3 wrote

aww with trackpoint! <3

docentmark t1_ja7s832 wrote

Fucking gorgeous. Where did the IBM designers all go?

Somebody has to make a modern version of this. With Win keys.

alexpott t1_ja8br3n wrote

😮😮😮

sziki19 t1_ja95lgj wrote

as a side note, if there is a zombie apokalipse you can kill them by swinging that thing at them 🙂

dman475 t1_ja6xt01 wrote

are those OEM or Cherry keycaps? I would guess OEM?

SpaceCadet2000 t1_ja86txq wrote

Model M is completely its own thing. All the keycaps have the same profile, but the mounting plate is curved.