Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

greenguitar92 t1_ja9ymue wrote

odd in a good way or like you would rather have no numpad at all than have it south paw?

phero1190 OP t1_ja9za69 wrote

Odd in a good way. My main board is an Odin so I like numpads, getting used to lef thanks number input is just gonna take some time.

greenguitar92 t1_jaa1iqq wrote

Good to hear! I daily a 65%(Q2) but I love the look of the left hand num pad. It just makes sense to be able to type numbers and have the mouse in the other hand. I have actually been looking into the Wind X R2 south paw GB and im probably going to jump on it before the window ends.

InternalCurrency3563 t1_jaceqcc wrote

I'm also thinking of buying the Wind X R2 southpaw! Still not sure if I want Enter on left or right side of num pad 😅. What will you choose and why?

greenguitar92 t1_jacfgyu wrote

I picked left side enter so it's an exact mirror of a right hand num pad. I feel like that should be more a easily transferable skill between your hands unless you are already used to a separate numpad on the left.

InternalCurrency3563 t1_jaclue2 wrote

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same. I probably will pull the trigger shortly. Can't wait to receive the keyboard.

ImportedZombie254 t1_jad0jwy wrote

Having bought the Q12 myself and making it my main board I have the enter key in the right since that’s the only option. I can say it took about 30 seconds to get used to. Everyone seems to think it’s going to be a long process (myself included). It wasn’t

AllThatTaz t1_jadfffm wrote

Not to jump in but I'm looking into the board and I think I'd go enter on the right still. Purely because of where your hand sits, it leaves your fingers to type in numbers and your thumb with easy access to both enter and plus kn the right. Total preference though, aesthetically the mirrored one does look better for some reason imho.

_Rand_ t1_jaajn0w wrote

I actually used the numpad frequently (before I got a 75%) but I much prefer not having all the excess keyboard on the right before I get to my mouse, so I feel like a southpaw layout would be useful but I doubt I could get used to it.

athomp63 t1_jaaq3l1 wrote

It's not terrible. I use a separate numpad in the left with my 65-ish% currently and while it's still not native, I haven't gone through a spurt of using it consistently yet but don't think it's hard to deal with

SirFleshWound t1_jacqs9j wrote

I’ve been doing this as well with my Keychron V3 for work. It’s still a little odd but it works well.

frywice t1_jad0g7m wrote

This was me as well. I thought I couldn’t live without a numpad but then I got a 75% and there’s no way I could go back to having a board that is so huge. I recently picked up a Q0 for the convenience of being able to move it around my desk for when I need to use it and when I don’t.

amuro_rei t1_jaar0jt wrote

I'd prefer the full size southpaw in ISO layout without any bells and whistle. 😁

LINK

terminald0gma t1_jaco9dz wrote

southpaw without non-flipped numpad is pretty awkward. keychron should do some research on layouts before replicating every single one of them.

Botskiitto t1_jadxcn8 wrote

Yep, so many southpaws get this wrong unfortunately

Dave-Alvarado t1_jaacalz wrote

Try mirror-imaging your numpad if you know how to 10-key with your right hand.

MBSMD t1_jaaono3 wrote

I freaking love my Q12.

riddlemore t1_jaar68z wrote

I almost bought one but after seeing a video I changed my mind. Your’s looks cool though. The color matching with the mousepad is nice.

phero1190 OP t1_jaas2ok wrote

I try to match everything to the mouse pad

AutoModerator t1_ja9wefd wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

phero1190 OP t1_ja9xx8v wrote

Keychron Q12 with Infinitely Hive keycaps.

ballistic1350 t1_ja9y4lb wrote

Odd huh? Do you like it? Would you recommend it for others?

phero1190 OP t1_ja9yhlo wrote

Haven't used it long enough to get used to it so I can't comment on recommendations

RocketLeagueChad t1_jaa01n2 wrote

If you have a smaller sized board I'd recommend just getting a separate numpad and putting that on the left to see if you like it - I do!

tomatoejam t1_jaa00od wrote

I’ve had it for a week and already feel like I’ve gotten used to left handed number input. I’m right handed BTW. I had a K2 prior to this and love the Q12 much more.

robscomputer t1_jaag1mx wrote

I used to have those old Logitech G keyboards with the G keys on the left side. Kept wondering if I would use this often in gaming for mmos. It looks like a perfect setup.

jaymeaux_ t1_jaaljum wrote

my experience with the left macro column on my old logitech board has ruined any board with something further left than left ctrl, I constantly hit the bottom macro key because it's where ctrl feels like it should be

robscomputer t1_jaamasv wrote

I play some World of Warcraft and tried some setups emulating the action bar with the keyboard placement, I have my normal keybinds in the regular areas but stuff that is less used would be ideal on a left facing 10-key.

jaymeaux_ t1_jaaqpqv wrote

if I still had time to game I could see the utility, unfortunately I pretty much only use my keyboards for work nowadays

SethariahK t1_jabq0z8 wrote

I’ve had that desk mat in my cart for a hot minute, how do you like it?

luusyphre t1_jabw6jd wrote

I've been drooling over this but I'm holding out for the eventual Q12 Pro. I like having that Bluetooth.

Late2Vinyl_LovingIt t1_jac83lx wrote

Odd to see the numpad on the left but I really dig that desk mat and the overall look is very understated.

arock0627 t1_jad3ll9 wrote

Keychron Q12 punches way above its price class.

ItsAlkai t1_jae7196 wrote

southpaw seems more practical and looks nice, but it's getting to used to it that's the problem. I have a candy bar that I got recently and it currently has the regular layout but I'm really interested in the southpaw PCB.

Learning 40% is hard enough T.T.

-_Clay_- t1_jabvbuq wrote

Why is it called southpaw if it is not uwu

Checkmate antifurs

−3