Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9kx709 wrote

Keychron Q12 GMK Arch

krristoffer t1_j9o1z7r wrote

I thought GMK Arch had teal-ish legends?

KindFaalla t1_j9omxaa wrote

The base kit has white legends, it’s a kit of arch that has the teal legends

Chickennoodo t1_j9l3s9l wrote

Nice looking board!

What sort of switches did you end up going with?

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9l9hfe wrote

Lol I didn’t share cause I didn’t want to get laughed out of the room. I went with Kailh Box brown V2. The pressure curve looked like something I’d like and I’m glad I took the chance

Chickennoodo t1_j9ldakj wrote

XD Hey, all good! If they work for you, they work for you!

Did you do any mods to the board at all? I'm trying to figure out if this board has a higher pitch, or lower one.f

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9leo47 wrote

I didn’t do any mods since it comes with foam in all the places you’d expect. The one thing I don’t like is the stabs it comes with. They are prelubed but they still rattle a bit. Sound wise it’s on the lower end pitch wise. It’s a very satisfying typing sound. I plan on switching the stabs in the near future. Got any recommendations?

Chickennoodo t1_j9lfd2w wrote

Honestly, I've been out of the game for over a year now and just happened on the Q12 post here (I don't think I've ever bought a keyboard so quickly before, especially without even knowing about it).

Last time I was in the market for a board, Durock v2s were the go to stabs. Not sure anymore!

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9li4l0 wrote

So you bought a Q12? I love it. I’ve been waiting a long time for a nice southpaw board. I was online the second it went on sale lol. I’ve been wanting one for a long time

Chickennoodo t1_j9ln4i9 wrote

I did! I grabbed a barebones black. Looking back on it now, I probably should have bought one with the keycaps and switches since the fully built out kit wasn't that much more. I have keys and switches lined up already, though. Super stoked as I was looking for a nice southpaw as well!

FaithlessnessMost660 t1_j9lvlw8 wrote

I have the Q5 for my work board, and I’ve used owlstabs with XHTBDZ for the wires. Work fantastic with minimal adjustments needed.

EazeeP t1_j9met38 wrote

I have the Q1 V2 and I suggest you just tune and relube the stabs yourself. They are very comparable to durock V2s. Already pre clipped as well. I holee modded and lubed mine and they sound and feel fantastic

underwhereareyou t1_j9nqad8 wrote

never be ashamed of the switches you use. everyone has different preferences, which is the whole reason of this hobby/interest!

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9nuyzj wrote

Thanks I appreciate that. Unfortunately people on Reddit can be huge dickholes sometimes. Although this community is far less toxic than many others so I’m not sure what I was worried about

rrekks t1_j9lqrm1 wrote

How’s the flex in this? Looking to replace my current 1800 keyboard that has almost no flex.

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9m22fl wrote

It’s gasket mount so there is some indentation when pushing hard but non if any when using the type of force you’d need just for typing

Optimal-Talk3663 t1_j9let7z wrote

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kb with the numbers on the left hand side.. kinda like it

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9lhu9s wrote

Yea I love it! It’s called a “southpaw” keyboard. It makes so much sense this was since you don’t have to take your hand off the mouse to input numbers (if you’re right handed)

r3dtr t1_j9m3s79 wrote

No mouse is involved in a proper endgame ;)

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9m8zmc wrote

Lol true. But I dare you to use your computer without one

r3dtr t1_j9ntlek wrote

I have vim key bindings for each app that offers it (e.g. vimium add on for browser) and on some Linux machines use a windows manager that lets me organise them w/o using the mouse, and so on. Every time I touch that damn thing I feel like I lost.

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9nva0z wrote

Since you seem quite familiar with vim do you by any chance know if it’s possible/how to set up a macro that would allow me to push a key which would then simulate pressing a key (let’s say the letter ‘a’) every 5 seconds until I push the key again.

So for the sake of the example let’s say I press F12 key.

This causes a macro to run where the keyboard outputs the letter ‘a’. Then waits 5 seconds. Presses ‘a’. And continues to this until I press F12 again.

r3dtr t1_j9nvzlf wrote

I am sorry I am not that deep into vim but sure sounds like something you can script.

McTrill t1_j9ov90k wrote

have you tried using Garrys Hood Auto Typer and Clicker? It’s pretty good for very simple things like that. Not sure if i can post links, but google that. I’ve been using it for ages in games like Runescape. It’s been around a long time. There’s nothing too crazy it can do, but it will do exactly what you described.

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9prerq wrote

Yeaaaa I actually want to use it on my work computer so it doesn’t go to sleep. They won’t let me install things on that computer and it’s locked down so I can’t adjust the sleep timer

McTrill t1_j9psm8m wrote

Yeah man, that auto clicker/type will solve all of your issues. I’ve used it for more than 10 years.

underwhereareyou t1_j9nq6gk wrote

wait a south paw keyboard thats a good budget??? yooo lets go!!

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9nuumf wrote

I know right! I was so excited for this board. I find myself looking for any excuse to use it.

MBSMD t1_j9lw779 wrote

Love the Q12. I just finished building mine a couple days ago (posted here).

AutoModerator t1_j9kwz3l wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

AutoModerator t1_j9kwz4k wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

mrwick95 t1_j9m6f2y wrote

Just bought myself one of these. I got berserk & persona 5 keys. Can’t wait for it to come in.

Yankeh_ t1_j9mld1w wrote

double click on the g502: allow me to introduce myself

berserk_er t1_j9nvpq7 wrote

Hey OP, do they already have wireless/bluetooth ready ver?

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9nvy7w wrote

Not yet unfortunately. At least not for this particular board. I heard they plan on going through their entire lineup and adding Bluetooth versions but since the non Bluetooth version of this board just came out it’ll probably be a while before it does. This is the Q12. When the Q12 Pro comes out that’ll be the Bluetooth one

berserk_er t1_j9nw54u wrote

Oh okay. I just like the wireless ones lol Thanks for heads up!

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9nx4eb wrote

If you like wireless and are ok with it not being a southpaw you might like the Ajazz AK966. It’s not as premium but still an excellent board. It has Bluetooth, 2.4ghz wireless dongle and wired. It’s what I was using before I got this one

berserk_er t1_j9p9u0w wrote

Thanks for the suggestion OP. Tho I wanna try the southpaw since I’m a left-hander haha

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9pro7c wrote

In that case I think you’re better off with non southpaw. The benefit of southpaw imo is that you can keep your right hand on the mouse while using your left hand for data entry

berserk_er t1_j9ruoqr wrote

Oh yes I would like that, since I got used to using the mouse on my right hand haha

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9ry466 wrote

I never really thought about it but being left handed must be a pain in the ass. Either you options are limited or you need to learn to use your right hand. Side note, I wonder what the scientific/biological reason why more people are right handed than left handed. You’d think it would be a 50/50 chance but it’s like 80/20

berserk_er t1_j9sghfx wrote

Yeah it’s funny that most of the things made are for right handers, I just adapted/got used to it except for the writing. Lol!

That my friend, I don’t have an idea. I’m just surprised whenever I encounter people like me :D

floodedcodeboy t1_j9og18l wrote

I would like to argue that : there is no end game …

ImportedZombie254 OP t1_j9pqy10 wrote

Lol you’re probably right. Something better always comes along. It’s my endgame for now

floodedcodeboy t1_j9px5oq wrote

I’m loving the over aesthetic look :) and that’s a great mouse! #mousegang

Antoinefdu t1_j9pnbdm wrote

The best mouse I've ever had.

And a very solid choice for the keyboard (especially with the numpad on the left!)

10/10