Submitted by Riboflavin01 t3_10kl4n0 in MechanicalKeyboards

I ordered a cable back in June of 2021 to go along with the GMK Moonlight drop from NerdCables. Unfortunately it looks like I was scammed along with a bunch of other people. Originally Jonathan was replying to my email requests saying that the cable was delayed but still would be delivered but now he isn't responding at all. I see his most recent Reddit post is a sob story from 6 months ago but no refund requests are being honored. I tried contacting my bank/credit card but because the purchase is so old and he strung me along for so long they won't refund the charge. At this point I've accepted that I have to eat the cost on this, but what are some reputable cable companies I can order from that can create something similar and actually deliver?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CableMod_Mark t1_j5rziq5 wrote

Hey dude, lets get you set up with a cable from us at CableMod.
On the house~
Send me a PM and I'll set it up for ya :)

TheShakyDiver t1_j5s29h9 wrote

Legend!

uncirculated t1_j5saxun wrote

Good company doing good things earned another customer. Will gladly support companies like this.

AxTROUSRxMISSLE t1_j5sca2v wrote

So youre telling me I just have to say I was scammed for cablemod to send me a cable?!

−42

CableMod t1_j5sdwc1 wrote

Sadly not, right place, right time, right mood :) the stars have to align!

RiboNucleic85 t1_j5vgvp4 wrote

Preemptively I'm telling you that if you weren't scammed don't go claiming you were, nobody needs anymore dishonest crap most especially people doing a good deed

AxTROUSRxMISSLE t1_j5vo0kv wrote

Good lord, I didnt think no one here could take a joke. This sub is full of the most uptite self fart smellers.

−9

BucBrady t1_j5vgfrf wrote

Bought a cable from you guys after seeing this. Love seeing interactions like this.

Milo_Xx t1_j5tlb7d wrote

Great pr, have fun with the awesome cable op!

LTNine4 t1_j5ug146 wrote

Dang, I didn't even know you guys did keyboard cables. I have CableMod PSU cables though.

spovat t1_j5whgqs wrote

Are you guys able to replicate the GMK Moonlight cable? If so, that's an immediate buy from me.

CableMod t1_j5x4a3b wrote

We are working on more ModMatch cables, GMK Moonlight isn't one of them, though, however, will keep an eye on it

worldxdownfall t1_j5xg8xd wrote

I'm in the market for a cable so this sells me on ordering one from CableMod in the morning.

[deleted] t1_j5so3vj wrote

This is what happens when you trust people who can't resist putting links to religious bollocks on a business website.

SpiderPanther01 t1_j5rrzvd wrote

where is cable mod guy when you need him. give this guy a cable

CableMod t1_j5rv09f wrote

Look we even stumble in here when we're not even summoned - u/Cablemod_Mark will sort you out OP - sending him over now!

Ok_Drummer3744 t1_j5rc5f3 wrote

cable mod seems to be legit. i see posts every now and then from happy customers. they have a lot of options so i think they'd be able to do what you are looking for?

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

keeper25 t1_j5svlob wrote

Cable mods are definitely legit. I have several cables from them. Probably will order more

zacRupnow t1_j5t0788 wrote

They've been doing custom psu cables since the days a top shelf graphics card was 400$, might not have been doing keeb cables as long as some but they're the og of custom cables.

bibiimbap t1_j5szhiy wrote

Honestly, the moonlight purchase I made was so long ago that I almost forgot about it. I checked the tracking information they provided me and while it worked before, now it just takes you to random ad pages. Not only did they try and take some quick money, now they're trying to expose people to malware! :)

rulz-ro t1_j5tbnoa wrote

June 2021?

April here. Dude is a scammer. Still stealing money with his website. There should be a legal way to address this.

DestituteRadium t1_j5t89pp wrote

Well I was on the fence but Cablemod made me a customer today. Though I didn't want to wait for the facility upgrades so just ordered from Amazon for now.

nielsz09 t1_j5rqz2o wrote

LOL their website is still up and accepting orders for their gift cards.

AKHKMP t1_j5rjjt3 wrote

Cablemods have some ready made ones on amazon, i guess you can buy one of those to see the quality.

digital_noise t1_j5u9s0p wrote

So, NerdCables is Luxe Cables 2.0?

jmarther t1_j6gj2ll wrote

Same boat here, Moonlight cable never gonna happen I’m afraid :/

TechnicalWill3234 t1_j5siccz wrote

Have been using mech cables since 2019, they’re awesome

Jijibaby t1_j5sidis wrote

Yeah, I’ve ordered a lot for nerdcables but when my custom never showed up I stopped. It’s too bad, I really liked their stuff.

[deleted] t1_j5rrmc1 wrote

[deleted]

−3

Layzoid t1_j5sbp5w wrote

This isn't r/mkindia haha but yes anyone in India make sure to check this man out