Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jamielee_83 t1_iu1tnyz wrote

No I definitely agree

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iu1uc3x wrote

Yeah. I just don’t see the hype of her music. When I hear a song of hers, I just switch to a different station. I do like some of her older singers from the late 80s early 90s but she isn’t that great.

ItsSUCHaLongStory t1_iu1z1eb wrote

She’s an incredible performer and vocalist. And I don’t enjoy her music. It’s nbd.

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iu1zblt wrote

I find her music boring

ItsSUCHaLongStory t1_iu209nz wrote

Yeah. Same. But I don’t have to enjoy it or give it a MENSA award to understand that it’s well-performed. There are a lot of artists whose work I don’t enjoy, while still acknowledging technical prowess, unique range, incredible marketing, great choice in instrumentation, etc. I don’t care for Baroque music overall, either. 🤷‍♀️

shellevanczik t1_iu1u7n5 wrote

She screeches and over sings too much.

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iu1uh1z wrote

Omg that annoys the shit outta me! I don’t like that whistle high note she does. Not impressed and she screams sometimes. Why do people say she has a great singing voice?

wilmieg t1_iu1xhiw wrote

Can't deal with her high pitched attempts to communicate with birds on the other side of the world!

Ellisrsp t1_iu2a3oj wrote

Only four more days until we're under constant assault by All I Want For Christmas Is You for the next two months.

Prepare thy self

Direct-Contact4470 t1_iu1u9xw wrote

She peaked a long time ago but she’s still known as one of the greatest singers of all time .

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iu1ul9k wrote

Okay that’s great you think that but I am just not a fan of her music.

AnyBalance8 t1_iu1vu2p wrote

Do you want a cookie?

driving_andflying t1_iu1vtqr wrote

She was legendary for being a good singer and hitting the whistle register. Personally I find her songs too saccharine. I'm with you, OP--I don't much care for her music either.

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iu1wa7z wrote

True. What does saccharine mean?

driving_andflying t1_iu1x3er wrote

"excessively sweet or sentimental."

Examples: Love songs that gush about how great a guy/girl is, how they're just so perfect, how the singer is head-over-heels in love with them, etc.