Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

chocoboassassin t1_iubcxnz wrote

Sad to hear this. Ryan's voice is both soothing and melancholic and mixes so well with their music. I only heard a couple of their songs before Death Stranding, but finally deep dived when I saw them pop up repeatedly throughout the game. Low Roar had an impact on my life the last few years, and will continue to for many to come. Rest easy, Ryan.

czechmixing t1_iubkrp5 wrote

The music was so painful and peaceful. You knew there was a common theme to others we had lost so early. Such a tragedy

RE1SY t1_iubl635 wrote

I'm very sad to hear this. His music helped me get through some troubling times.

Shimazu_X OP t1_iuc2l4e wrote

Yeah it hit me pretty hard too. I admittedly got into them late due to Death Stranding, but the music helped me a lot when a loved one passed during the height of Covid. It’s damn shame.

ArtakhaPrime t1_iubv82l wrote

I haven't felt this damaged by a celebrity death since Chester from Linkin Park. Like so many I was introduced to Low Roar through the reveal trailer of Death Stranding, but the first two albums are truly special to me. They resonated so well with me at the time I was moving away from everything I knew to start university, and wasn't always sure I made the right choice. Ryan's music gave a voice to that feeling of cold melancholy and insecurity, but also seeing light on the horizon. I hope more people will discover his music and realize what a terrible loss this news really is.

flashmedallion t1_iuc049m wrote

I've adored their music for years now - when the very first Death Standing trailer dropped I went and got both albums that were out and listened to them daily for a very long time - but still had no idea how connected I was until I heard this news today. I'm a mess.

Reminds me of when we lost Elliott Smith

ablackcloudupahead t1_iubwfth wrote

Chester and Chris Cornell going out really effected me. Two musicians of my formative years that were incredible about getting me to feel what they felt

QuasimodoPredicted t1_iucfp0p wrote

Any idea what's the cause of death? 40 is not age where people just pass away.

Hensurjsgcu t1_iucpi7b wrote

Likely some form of illness considering he canceled the tour quite a while ago.

FireTrickle t1_iucwjk0 wrote

One of the best parts in the game

takeitsweazy t1_iucyp31 wrote

Yeah, Low Roar’s songs just popping in unannounced at particular parts of the game added a ton to its general vibe. It really helped solidify it as a unique game experience in my mind.

FireTrickle t1_iue2r4j wrote

That part where you struggle up that cliff and then when you make it to the top and the sun comes out and the music kicks in was handled so bloody well it made 46 year old me tear up a bit, such a build up and a relief/ release

StrategicBlenderBall t1_iubrfpt wrote

I’ll keep coming… back to listen to Low Roar. What a bummer.

HoldMyAppleJuice t1_iuchma2 wrote

This is a huge loss, unfortunately not enough people know about Low Roar. RIP.

AntoniusMaximus t1_iucu5ow wrote

This is so eerie. I fell asleep to Low Roar after thinking I hadn't listened to it in such a long time... And I wake up to this.

All of Low Roar's albums are a hymn to Ryan's life. Very few artists were able to touch me so deeply.

Doodle_Brush t1_iuca2ar wrote

I'm not a big music fan (As in I don't take much interest in the performers themselves) but Death Stranding and it's soundtrack got me through the first few months of the Pandemic. RIP.

Pich23 t1_iucf9u7 wrote

Noooooo.... I love his music... I went even to his little concert in Ravenna, he was very kind to all of us, we even took a photo together...

Wildely_Earnest t1_iucz5zb wrote

Oh my god. I had tickets to see him this month but they cancelled a while ago for health reasons. I assumed someone picked up covid along the tour. Poor guy, his music soothed me so much in a difficult time. I hope he's similarly peaceful now

ExcelsiorLife t1_iujclvd wrote

They said he died of pneumonia but do we know if it was caused by covid? Maybe the family wants to not share that for some reason?

LivingWithWhales t1_iudw0x1 wrote

I saw them play in Iceland once, it was magical. Easily one of my favorite shows ever

Xany2 t1_iucnu9e wrote

Nooo, why does this keep happening with so many young legendary musicians πŸ™

EnvironmentIcy4116 t1_iud2yyu wrote

Heartbreaking. He really helped me with his music through difficult times. Condolences to his family and all the people close to him

PessoaHeteronimo t1_iudib35 wrote

Friends make garbage, good friends take it out... What a song. Another great artist I won't see. Rest in peace

Damerman t1_iudpcly wrote

Ughhhhh i was just in the middle of replaying this

Meferias t1_iuewkx1 wrote

This sucks...
I haven't played Death Stranding but I have heard of his music. And although I haven't been listening to it, I do come back to the video that first introduced me to Low Roar - https://youtu.be/hO4z8s4drhA
Next time I walk there, I will definitely think of this again.
I guess that's the bright side of being a creative person - you do live on through what you create.

orhansaral t1_iucv9jw wrote

For the next year I was planning a trip to Iceland and one of my goals was to get to see him perform live there. He's been one of my favourite artists from the recent years. Such a devastating news.