Submitted by AutisticYoungWoman02 t3_z8hyd9 in Music

I like to sing but people think I’m just “okay” but when this one girl I know started singing, I had this shocked look on my face. She can SING!!!! Everyone was cheering for her. People were like, “Wow! You blew us away!” Nobody said that to be. Even my late dad said she was outstanding. He didn’t even clap for me when I finished. Neither did my siblings. Some other people did. I asked them why did they clap for her and not me. My dad said, “I only clap when something is good. Your singing SUCKS. That’s the truth.” I turned to my sibling and they said they had to agree and I can do better then that. That gave me a look and I just walked away. My family was supposed to me on my side. A couple of cousins of mine can single well.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Charming-Twist-7514 t1_iybpef1 wrote

That does sound unkind but to answer your question, most people sing better than me. I enjoy hearing them. Except Adele. I would rather hear you sing.

AutisticYoungWoman02 OP t1_iybqip4 wrote

Adele sucks frankly. She just yells. I like her old songs better

Disastrous_Use_7353 t1_iybtkhd wrote

How does Adele suck? Try to yell “take it easy on me” or whatever it’s called. Can’t be done.

I’m sorry your family is so rude. Use their lack of support to drive you towards improvement and, eventually, mastery. Keep doing what you enjoy and prove to yourself that you are capable of improvement. Best of Iuck

EveSixxx t1_iybyegl wrote

I’m not a great singer but if there emotion and a connection to the song it works out well.

I like a lot of non traditional or not classically good singers.

bluetriumphantcloud t1_iydzugz wrote

Practice more, you'll sing better. Also, your family sound like jerks, maybe not put too much stock in what they think.