Submitted by kingokarp t3_zt7gwa in Music

I don't know how to make this short, but the best I can summarize it as is:

Have you ever lost you dream job? Presumably it was beyond your control and there was a song that got you through it?

on Christmas Eve I will lock up a store that was my dream job for 10 years, every day we've played music that reflects the mood and tone of the day. How do you get through it without music??

I ask of you all

What would you have listened to on the last day of your favorite job? Let me share that with those that come in this final day.

Edit: made this post when I was drunk and sad last night, woke up and saw all these songs shared and I’m glad you’ve all given me something. The playlist is almost long enough to be played for the whole 5 hours we’re open on Xmas so please keep sharing!!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tonetonitony t1_j1cb61j wrote

I’d play Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Music just to piss everyone off.

dodge_viper t1_j1cbwrb wrote

Bang the Drum All Day by Todd Rundgren. Maybe add a bit of humor to the sutuation.

MyBoobsAreEyeLvl t1_j1enwrk wrote

Bouncin Back By Mystikal, Baby Got Goin by Liz Phair, Walk of Life by Dire Straights, You Dropped a Bomb on Me by The Gap Band, Hang Me Up to Dry by the Cold War Kids, Unemployed by Tierra Whack, Money by Barret Strong and Bus to Beelzebub by Soul Coughing. Sorry for your loss.

fairnuff77 t1_j1cy6r6 wrote

South side Johnny and the Asbury Dukes. “I don’t wanna go home””

[deleted] t1_j1d9hn0 wrote

“Fuck you”, Wesley Willis. Seriously, check it out.

fazlez1 t1_j1f2upk wrote

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin, Down the Road - Kansas, Consider Me Gone - Sting, Time for Me to Fly - REO Speedwagon, Closing Time - The Cardigans

edit: added more songs

QuietResident8883 t1_j1c9txg wrote

ED Sheeran--I Don’t Care

The song sounds a sense of relief, not looking at the words but just listening to the tune

brocalmotion t1_j1cche8 wrote

Open with RAtM's killing in the name, close with Ave Maria into Pink Floyd's great gig in the sky.

Cardlinger t1_j1cf5fq wrote

It's Over - Roy Orbison

Commiserations though :(

kingokarp OP t1_j1cfsuw wrote

Added plus a cheetah girls song of the same name.

RyotMakr t1_j1cu1yh wrote

You Say Millionaire Like It’s a Good Thing by Guante & Big Cats

kingokarp OP t1_j1duetz wrote

I’m having a hard time finding that one.

TheDeadlySquid t1_j1djhsx wrote

Little River Band - Cool Change

It’s a bit sappy but hits me in the feels in these moments.

parotlover412 t1_j1dker4 wrote

Are you looking for happy songs or are you trying to annoye the rest of the store for forcing you out.

kingokarp OP t1_j1dvqh4 wrote

Just songs that would get you through a hardship.

Pale_Elephant123 t1_j1fkwjl wrote

Bruce Hornsby - most of his setlist, but maybe ‘I will walk with you’ would be great as a sense of leaving something but it always being with you (maybe)

gmrusc t1_j1fxwss wrote

Burning Down the House - Talking Heads

HairyMuffinMan t1_j1wmhxt wrote

JoeJas - Gappy's Overalls

kingokarp OP t1_j1wtau3 wrote

Well the day has passed but I’m adding it to the list.