Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BrandonC41 t1_j256515 wrote

Hell in a bucket by Grateful Dead for obvious reasons

oneondeck t1_j25ky8n wrote

Dang! Good call! I haven’t heard that song in years.

PeacekeeperAl t1_j2582pi wrote

Something modern and poppy so I'd be fucking glad to go

oneondeck t1_j25mloo wrote

Murder In The City - The Avett Brothers

It makes me think about the things that I’ve done in my life and the things I need to say to the ones I love.

amorningofsleep t1_j257pwb wrote

Probably Coheed and Cambria's "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" so I can ride that jackhammer into the ether.

a-nomad-writes t1_j257tye wrote

The Show Must Go On by Queen.

If Freddie could get out of bed when he was that sick and nail that song, I should be able to enter Valhalla without sniveling like a scared child.

fitzroy95 t1_j25a96x wrote

Something that won't be composed until around 2095

[deleted] t1_j25b287 wrote

"The World at Large" - Modest Mouse

No other song has made me feel less alone than this one. I'm never comfortable, never satisfied. I'm 38 and have never been able to find a place or a group to fit in and identify with, I'm always looking for the next thing. My mind is always going so much faster than my body or time could ever accommodate. Sometimes I just want to shut it up and sit down somewhere, but I never can.

"I know that starting over's not what life's about, but my thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth. My thoughts were so loud..."

ToPimpAYeezy t1_j25d6ni wrote

You should look into a diagnosis for ADHD if you haven’t already. I got it and everything you’re saying sounds similar to me (although I think I’ve found good people now!). Those lyrics especially, I always fantasise about restarting from 10 years ago even though I think I’m at an alright place.

Nizamark t1_j25c40k wrote

Put The Coke On My Dick by Ween

bc it sums up my life

ABena2t t1_j2584lt wrote

Idk. The last song I'd want to hear hasn't been made yet - for obvious reasons. lol.

WickedCyclone2015 t1_j258djz wrote

I’m not a Twenty One Pilots fan

Leave The City by Twenty One Pilots

Charming-Twist-7514 t1_j2593ng wrote

Guy Clark - The Dark

His voice and accent reminds me of my late grandfather. I can't imagine anything more comforting and pleasant.

HardRock_HardCock t1_j25b8qb wrote

Lateralus so I can ride the spiral one last time. I also want an orchestral/ choir version of Welcome to the Black Parade sung at my funeral.

Mcbatcat t1_j25f1jw wrote

I think it would depends on how I was going. I want My Spirit- Lacuna Coil at my funeral because of the lyrics and if my hope of dying very old and quite calmly occurs, it also wouldn't be a bad song to end on either.

gtoz1119 t1_j25qj2b wrote

How deep is your love is a great beautiful song. My choice would probably be wild is the wind by David Bowie

tutamuss t1_j264f5j wrote

Albatross by the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band with Rick Vito on guitars. What a soothing song to go out too.

bootycallwithanxiety t1_j26fz8a wrote

Probably Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd... Or Marooned or Brain Damage Also by Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd is my comfort band. When I'm feeling down and lost and afraid I listen to them. When I'm feeling good and feeling love and wanting to dance. I put on Pink Floyd.

ORRRR Try Better Next Time... by Placebo xD In case I get reincarnated, I hope to "try better" in my next life.

earthshiner85 t1_j26wquc wrote

The Garden by Rush. The last song on their last album. The entire album is a reflection of a lifetime and this song is a remarkable coda. Didn't think it'd be the last of them but I can't think of a better ending to their career.

"The future disappears into memory With only a moment between Forever dwells in that moment Hope is what remains to be seen"

NonchalantCoyote t1_j278y4z wrote

Dripping Tap - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Ms_Luxlisbon t1_j27zind wrote

Obviously it’s gonna be Don’t fear the reaper! Such a great song

That_bad_ass_cook t1_j28dd4v wrote

This Blue World by Elbow. Their music in general feels like everything warm and comforting and home. This song in particular instantly relaxes me and makes me feel safe and loved.

Any song by Sigur Ros. Of all of the music I’ve listened to over the years, none feels as big, as majestic as theirs. It’s driving across the vast plains with a thunderstorm heading your way. It’s driving through the mountains and catching peeks through the trees of the grand expanse below. It’s staring up at the stars and feeling absolutely tiny and insignificant beneath them. I have no idea what they’re actually singing about and I prefer it that way. It means that it means whatever it inspires me to feel at the moment.

abnormelia t1_j293zwr wrote

Beethoven symphony no.9 fourth movement