Submitted by Shopriteisforlosers t3_ym4ugf in Newark

Unfortunately, they are still selling turtles on Broad & Market and nothing has been done about it. There haven't been any police presence by Broad/Market for some time. It is a sad state of affairs

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

thebruns t1_iv2azav wrote

>police presence by Broad/Market for some time

They have a mini station there

relampagos_shawty t1_iv5f48k wrote

Newark police barely do anything about humans getting assaulted. I doubt they’d do anything about turtles

stephenclarkg t1_iv2fa16 wrote

call the police please. I'll go by and take some pictures and call after work.

Electronic-Minute-74 t1_iv5r187 wrote

Crush it, you guys!

Maybe hold a meeting to coordinate a planning committee to plan a secondary meeting that really teaches these peddlers a lesson on scraping by to make a livelihood..

must have a ton of time on your hands....

you really said "call the police" don't be a karen... they have other things to do besides busting people selling turtles

stephenclarkg t1_ivaa2zd wrote

You can scrape a living without causing harm.

Selling turtles is fucked up you can google it.

He should.be standing outside home depot if he can't find other work not illegally selling animals

MDNTNWK t1_iviqfza wrote

Woah woah woah...Wdym by standing outside home depot gang 💀

OGWarlock t1_iveyxh0 wrote

Yeah I've seen the guy, looks like this is the one way he knows to make some money, maybe he has a family or others to provide for too. Unfortunately, it's cruel and he shouldn't be doing it, but instead of arresting him and fining him or something like that maybe some kind of job assistance or training could be a better route. Unfortunately we all know our country isn't great at rehabilitating people

Electronic-Minute-74 t1_ivez2uu wrote

LMK When yall find him and job and get him a new source of income.

OGWarlock t1_ivf0clp wrote

Extreme poverty and suffering is a failure of society, not of the individual. And so it's society's responsibility, not the individual's.

Mysticpoisen t1_iv3zaw3 wrote

What's the context? Are these endangered turtles or just unlicensed selling of wildlife?

Nwk_NJ t1_iv6bhju wrote

If someone can find a refulation/law against this of some sort, and DM me the photos/location etc. I will make sure someone with some authority gets everything and see if I can get action taken.

Ironboundian t1_iv60nbk wrote

More updates please. On turtles