Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HudsonGuy91 t1_j5s3fhr wrote

OK...so I finally checked it out today, as I wanted to fetch a cookie from Chip City. The cookie was very good, btw, if a bit overpriced, but you get a lotta cookie for your $4.50. Back to the complex itself...granted, I was in a rush and didn't fully investigate every inch of it, but it's not too different from what I remember. I just...I dunno, I had this grand idea of a sparkling and airy new main entrance on Market. Maybe it's my stupidity and I understood the whole thing wrong. The main entrance seems to be across from Penn Station on Raymond Plaza. And looking back on Google Street View, yeah, it looks much better than it did, but I feel like Market Street should be the main entrance. And there's no sigeage outside. People arriving from out of town have no idea all these food and drink options are inside what looks like another office building. And if I as a local had trouble parking and knowing which way to walk in, how will those not remotely familiar with it know? And, yes, the hours. It's super early, literally day one. Give it time, I tell myself. I desperately wanna believe it'll become some kind of destination, but...

HudsonGuy91 t1_j5s3o5x wrote

And while security gave me no trouble, I still felt on edge every time I walked by one of them, waiting for them to stop and question me.

Jstarks4444 t1_j5tu75k wrote

This. Their mere presence at the entrances is intimidating, not welcoming. Management should send those guards on rounds, have them walking around -- not posted up at the entrances staring at every person walking in and out

sutisuc t1_j5w0zxj wrote

Yeah but what if a homeless person walks in and is allowed to freely move around and about /s