Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GwentMeUpBaby t1_ja6m00s wrote

Fun story about Kate Bush. She got a major label record deal when she was still 16 because Dave Gilmour (from Pink Floyd) was some kind of distant family friend or something and heard a tape of her singing and playing the piano. He went to her house to meet her and found she had a huge number of songs already recorded like that. He arranged for her to have a proper demo recorded and took it to EMI.

GeekyGamer2022 t1_ja764ci wrote

Then she became more involved in the production and sound engineering aspect of the business as she was frustrated with label interference.
Eventually she formed her own label, built her own recording studio and produced everything herself from then on.
She was still only 24.

Diligent-Picture2882 t1_ja6m0mp wrote

I have been listening to her marvelous music for 40 years and I love her so much. I now have 2 children, 29 and 34 and they absolutely adore her music too. I raised them right.

originalruins t1_ja7gs80 wrote

TIL my type and it’s Kate bush

oheffendi t1_ja7c2vo wrote

Beyond the fact that she is a superlative musical talent I love the fact that the word babe and Kate kinda rhyme. Always had the biggest crush on her.

ducsoup69 t1_ja7os20 wrote

It seems Stranger Things has given her a new light to younger people.

ashensfan123 t1_ja7jcmx wrote

Apparently my dad met her when he was a teenager. Dream come true as he had a crush on her.

Lantern101 t1_ja7l9wd wrote

Now I have to listen to running up the hill. Thanks

bamills96 t1_ja7fgj7 wrote

Looks like female Alan Rickman lol

LordFedoraWeed t1_ja7hzsb wrote

"Singer, songwriter, MUSICIAN" yeah you kinda already said it lol.

Kate Bush: Singer, songwriter, musician, vocalist, poet, lyric writer, vocal cord manipulator.